• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prank call leads to Burger King employees smashing the windows to relieve toxic gas

Status
Not open for further replies.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I worked at fast food as a dumbass 16 year old and I probably would've smashed the windows knowing it was bullshit, just to see if I could get away with it. I would've known it was immediately bullshit at age 16 though, come on.

That manager is kind of dumb. I mean, I understand the inclination to believe the fire department but how would they magically know the levels of gas?

Even if I thought there could be a chance of it being true, I'd just turn everything off, get everyone out and like leave the door open or something, then wait for the fire department, and, when they didn't come, call 911. At that point it'd probably start to become clear it was a hoax.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
I feel really bad for people when they get caught up in stuff like this. The human brain does weird shit sometimes. People just don't understand how wired we are uo follow orders from authority even if we have a thread on here that proves it day after day.

Stories like this are sad man. Best case scenario, you laugh at them and get a smug satisfaction out of being smarter than a person who gets paid less than you and may very likely have a below average IQ. Laughing at their misfortune is pretty gross IMO.

Downhome

I'm sorry but I have no sympathy, that's just ridiculous, same with that kfc thing.

Yeah, I feel just like you. A part of me is happy when things like this happen just so it weeds out the morons of the world. I mean, not really happy, but you get what I mean.

The employees were likely being told to do it by the manager, so I don't blame them. If my manager told me to bust out all the windows I may have done it just for the hell obit for fun, haha.

Manager should be fired and never be placed in a position like that ever again.

I'm not even completely against saying don't even seek out those that made the call. I guess you should, but again...that small part of me. I can't believe they are looking for federal charges though.

I'd love to see and hear video/audio of the entire thing from start to finish, ugh.

I don't understand why you would believe someone that isn't even at your restaurant. How do they know anything is wrong? Did they even ask how he knew this?

Also, do windows really cost $10,000? That's quite a bit.

U2NUMB

I demand a Simpsons gif for this story.

tumblr_modv8fzFsC1qc8jh0o1_1280.jpg

that's an unfortunate town name.

It 100% is for a Raccoon. Their city logo has a Raccoon face right in it no doubt to try and keep the focus there. I have lived in the Twin Cities most my life and have always thought it was strange to keep just because you know the word itself has an ugly past.

Coon_Rapids%2C_Minnesota_logo.jpg

KHlover

Banned
I don't understand why you would believe someone that isn't even at your restaurant. How do they know anything is wrong? Did they even ask how he knew this?

Also, do windows really cost $10,000? That's quite a bit.
Windows are expensive as fuck. They also get more expensive with size. ... actually I'm suprised it's only $10k.

Bubba T

Ah, Coon Rapids. Not much good from that town, although I do remember going there for a high school track meet and dusting everyone in the 100 meter dash lol.

From Wikipedia about Compliance's inspiration which were phone call scams-

The strip search phone call scam is a series of incidents that extended over a period of about ten years before an arrest was made in 2004. The incidents involved a man calling a restaurant or grocery store, claiming to be a police officer and then convincing managers to conduct strip searches of female employees, and to perform other bizarre acts on behalf of "the police". The calls were most often placed to fast-food restaurants in small towns, located in rural areas of the United States.

Over 70 such occurrences were reported in 30 U.S. states, until an incident in 2004 in Mount Washington, Kentucky (population 9,117), finally led to the arrest of David Richard Stewart,[1] a 37‑year-old employee of Corrections Corporation of America, a firm contracted by several states to provide corrections officers at private detention facilities.

On October 31, 2006, Stewart was acquitted of all charges in the Mount Washington case. He was suspected, but never charged, of having made other, similar scam calls.[2][3]

what the fuuuck

Someone was really convinced to give oral sex to a stranger through a prank phone call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom