• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prediction: Halo Infinite will be a huge streaming success

There are a few key reasons for this as far as im concerned:

1. Free to play and cross-platform. Its a no brainer that the more people that have access the more people will be interested overall

2. Current big streaming games like Warzone are getting stale so there will be space for a newcomer

3. a lot of the big streamers are massive Halo fans. DrDistespect and Ninja to name a couple.

4. If its done right, Halo is a highly competitive game, which is what people watch streams for. If Infinite plays out anything like Halo 2 or 3, the matches will be highly entertaining to watch skilled players play. It has good flow for streaming.

Again, this all falls on 343 making a MP that is actually good. But, if it is, then I truly believe Infinite could bring Halo into a space thats even bigger than it ever was.

Andodalf

Banned
FTP, cross gen, arena style combat, the most “friendly” battle pass ever, no loot boxes. Plus COD is made by the C team this year.

I think the game will be a ton of fun to watch, and the pro scene should break out in a big way. Halo 5 had the biggest Pro scene since the halo 2 days, it nailed that.

Last edited:

ZehDon

Gold Member
Halo's sandbox always makes for entertaining viewing, even back in the Halo 3 days. It wasn't as fast as COD, which is probably why COD took over as the dominate multiplayer FPS, but what its sandbox could give you in a decent BTB game was second to none. F2P, cross-play, cross-progression, Series X|S push, Holiday launch, player-friendly monetisation; the cards are certainly lining up. Of course, this is 343i - if anyone can absolutely fuck up a sure thing, it is unquestionably these folks.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Free to play? You still need a Gamepass sub to play it right?

Anyway, I must be getting old. I'm more looking forward to the single player campaign than the multiplayer. I personally don't give a shit if this game is popular for streamers. I just want a campaign that matches CE or Reach.

Spidey Fan

Banned
What a weird fetish!
This is what happens when kids don't get the joke tsk tsk.
Dont Get It The Sandlot GIF

ZywyPL

Banned
Quoting myself from other thread:

The biggest problem I see with the game is that it's an oldschool arena shooter, where you're running with a shitty pistol the whole time and have to pick everything up, meaning only one person at a time can be using a shotty, SMG, sniper rifle etc. It's 2021, no one want's to play shit like that other than die-hard Halo fanatics (there are dozens of you, I know). So even despite being F2P I think many people might get bored really fast and get back to their favorite BR games instead, which provide similar experience except there are actually shitloads of guns all over the maps and everyone can fully customize their equipment to their liking and game style.

It'll all go down to how much fun people will have with the game, if it dies after just a couple of months and only the long-time fans will remain, then no, there won't be many people left to stream the game, let alone watch those streams. On one hand we have an outdated formula which might push away a lot of people, but on the other the fact that it's F2P and on multiple platforms. And there's also competition like CoD, BF, plus the usual BR games people play on a daily basis. So yeah, it has to "click" for the very first second or else people will move on other titles.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I’ll give Infinite a chance, I don’t trust it to beat whatever call of duty is out there or even Battlefield 2042. Luckily it has advertising help and gets meme attention not to mention a traffic campaign something COD or 2042 don’t have.

Kenpachii

How to become successful with Halo for streaming community's.

1) make halo chairs
2) sponsor every single player under the sun to play there game that has any influence on streaming platforms
3) free to play
4) big e-sport tournaments with massive price pools advertise it everywhere.
5) make sure the gameplay is snappy and fast.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Free to play? You still need a Gamepass sub to play it right?

No. Only to play via xCloud presumably.

Although I half expect that to be one of MS's big announcements.. free 2 play anywhere by anyone via xCloud, with XSX xCloud launch.

Dynasty8

I am hoping it takes back the throne.

My college years were all about Halo 2 and 3. Gaming was more simple and just more fun back then. I just can't get into the new stuff like Fortnite, Warzone, and other. Halo just has this incredible gameplay loop.

It really depends on how much they are willing to support the game after launch. Also, MS is gonna need some beefy anti-cheat in place ESPECIALLY with PC crossplay on a F2P model. If they can't get cheating under control it will die out quickly.

Dynasty8

Free to Play for everyone (don't need GamePass or Xbox Live).

On all Xbox One consoles and PC.

120 fps on Series X.

Some of the best gunplay in the industry (it's always been on point).

Iconic 20 year old franchise that set the bar for Xbox Live back in the day.

Really fun and balanced sandbox.

I hope they don't fuck this up. Really hope the game releases with enough content to keep us engaged for a while.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

The MP has huge potential, as long as they can nail the gameplay (they did with the MP in 5, right?) and add things over time to keep players coming back.
And it's actually free to play for real (no needing Live Gold any more) which is big.

Top Bottom