• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Borealis, a HL2: Episode Three fan game, has posted its first update

dirthead

Banned
not that impressed, all I'm seeing is an attempted source remake inside ue. why not just use source?

Haha no kidding. The "gameplay showcase" is an empty room with some random objects dropped in it showing absolutely nothing that wasn't already in HL2 in 2004?

Uh, okay?

What are the chances of this getting a C&D?

There's zero chance of a C&D. Valve OK'd this project long ago. The Black Mesa developers sell the game directly on Steam, and Valve are well aware of it and allow this group to continue to make money of their work:

It is 60% off right now too. Less than $9.00

EDIT: Oops, this thread is from 2017.

Last edited:
EDIT: Oops, this thread is from 2017.

Double oops.

This is for the HL2: Episode 3 remake, and not the Black Mesa fan remake. Sorry. I am a bit off. I saw some triggered reactions in my bell icon, and I assumed it was for that other "Black Mesa" Zen thread that popped up recently. Then I started reading the comments about UE4 and Episode 3.

I actually forgot about this fan creation of Episode 3, and that it is using UE4. But I think Valve probably let this one happen too.

Last edited:

ultrazilla

Gold Member
I'm thinking Valve is watching this project very closely and if they end up liking it, they'll buy it and/or offer the devs jobs at Valve)
and offer it as an "official" Half-Life 2: Episode 3 game.

Top Bottom