• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Cars 2: Xbox One X vs PS4 Pro Graphics Comparison + Frame-Rate Test

I’m glad they had a demo! Looks like crap on Ps4pro. GT sport spoiled me.

Two reasons for this:

1. PD are just wizards. The games always look phenomenal.
2. Dynamic time of day, weather conditions, dynamic track have a heavy "cost" when it comes to graphics. Project cars 2 doesn't hold back on these elements like other games. As for GT sport, this is all absent entirely.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
I have a PRO, it was made for CB. I will take 2160CB over 1440p anyday for my 4k screen...and this is how Sony pitched it too. The Pro has the ID buffer, use it...

It would also make for some interesting comparisons if CB was implemented with these 1440p games. We'd have a 2160 image on PRO vs a 1440-1620 image on XBONEX in this case, 1800p on Homefront, Dynamic 4k on other titles (with an average rez of around 1800p)..like Battlefront, Wolfenstein etc....The PRO's image would be sharper in many of these scenarios and it would make for more interesting comparisons tbh.

The crazy thing about CB is that it's hardware based on PRO..and then we have other features that eases bandwidth like, the DCC, primitive card accelerator and of course it was great that the engineers allowed more wavefronts on CU's to boost perf. There's a lot these devs could be utilizing, like varied CB implementations, varied TAA implementations to clean the image and give us a jaggie free image, but for the most part, all I'm seeing devs do, is to check 1440p and call it a day on PRO. MS went a little brute force, but the thought patterns behind the PRO was a little more complex...Go read the pro docs, I just feel it's being under-utilized and not being used the way Cerny intended.

There's also FP16, but even that is being underutilized, save F1. Tbh, I don't even care that most devs don't use it, but at least get these games 2160CB instead of 1440p.....

but it isn't as simple as that as the X is hitting higher res with extra features and better filtering and at times higher res textures. yeah CB will make the game scale up to 4k but won't improve it in anyway

Top Bottom