• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[ps2] Garou Densetsu Battle Archives 1 (jp) for US$ 19.90

fr4nz

http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-8it-71-40-49-en-84-j-70-1byl.html

PA.62157.001.jpg

Garou Densetsu Battle Archives 1
SNK Playmore
Compatible with PlayStation2™
For JPN/Asian systems only.

In stock, usually ships within 24hrs In stock, usually ships within 24hrs

List price: US$ 29.90 (~24.14 EUR)
Weekly special price: US$ 19.90 (~16.06 EUR)*
You save: US$ 10.00 (~8.07 EUR)*

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Unless you are a huge Fatal Fury fan, I would recommend waiting for volume two, which will feature the Real Bout games (that still hold up well) instead. The older Fatal Fury games are incredibly, incredibly dated.

TreIII

^ Says you.

Fatal Fury 1 and 2 may only be worthy of keep-sake value (and for a demonstration of the game that FIRST did the whole "Dramatic Battle" thingie that SFA3 stole), but many hold FFSpecial on a pedestal right up there with the likes of SF2:Turbo and SSF2:T, the realm of old school fighting game goodness. And Fatal Fury 3 is enjoyable, as well, even if it would later be outclassed by the Real Bouts.

Any way, with the kind of price play-asia's asking, there's really no excuse not to have this game in your collection; again, especially if you're a fan of vintage fighters.

In all honesty, the only tragedy here is that play-asia didn't put the Art of Fighting collection on sale too, as I looking for a nice excuse to get that game into my collection sooner. Ah well...ideally, by the time the Real Bout anthology, Samurai Spirits collection, or KOF 98 Ultimate Match are out, it would have dropped in price, and I can feel free to bundle it with one of those games...

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Hmmmm at this price, can't help but pick it up. :) Will bring back memories of playing and discovering these in the arcades.

TreIII

From what I heard, mostly a splendid port, though some have said that a small gripe is that some of the voices sound more "tinny" than the original arcade, and the arrangest sound track is seemingly recorded at a lower volume.

But otherwise, even the most hardcore Neo heads approve of this collection, for the most part. Thankfully, SNKP has more or less learned from the Last Blade collection...

Bring on Kizuna Encounter! :D

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
TreIII said:
but many hold FFSpecial on a pedestal right up there with the likes of SF2:Turbo and SSF2:T, the realm of old school fighting game goodness. And Fatal Fury 3 is enjoyable, as well, even if it would later be outclassed by the Real Bouts.

Not many that I know of. :p As HUGE a Fatal Fury fan as I am, the Real Bouts just DESTROY the older games in virtually ever way. SF2 aged better than FFS did, plus if you have a 360, it's coming out for XBLA with online play that you'll actually be able to take advantage of. Fatal Fury 3 is okay; the problem is that they made the stupid mistake of purposefully REMOVING moves from characters, which they got wisened up to and added back into Real Bout Fatal Fury.

Most Fatal Fury fans I know of put the Real Bouts up on a pedestal (not counting Garou MOTW here), not FFS.

Matt_C said:
How's the Neo-Geo emulation for this game? I have Last Blade collection and the emulation stunk :(

It's great. I did a review of this game a while ago, but the site it's on is blocked here for whatever reason. PM me if you want it. The only truly bad port is unfortunately the Last Blade Collection. KOF Orochi has some sound issues (mainly muffled voices and effects), but is okay, and AOF and FF Collection are both very well-done ports.

Top Bottom