• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS2 on the Cheap

I am one of those sad souls who never purchased a PS2. I have a GC and an Xbox, but no PS2. The thing is Guitar Hero is REALLY calling to me. I want the game and would have no problem paying the money for the game, but buying a PS2 for $129 now after the system has been out for almost 7 years and the PS3 is already out seems like a gyp. What is the cheapest way to get a system? I know people will say Ebay, but I looked on there and the systems that actually work go for as much or more than buying a used one from EBgames. Are there any other alternatives?

BigGreenMat said:
I am one of those sad souls who never purchased a PS2. I have a GC and an Xbox, but no PS2. The thing is Guitar Hero is REALLY calling to me. I want the game and would have no problem paying the money for the game, but buying a PS2 for $129 now after the system has been out for almost 7 years and the PS3 is already out seems like a gyp. What is the cheapest way to get a system? I know people will say Ebay, but I looked on there and the systems that actually work go for as much or more than buying a used one from EBgames. Are there any other alternatives?

Check your local newspaper.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
BigGreenMat said:

$129 is a gyp? Looks at system library...

You sir are daft!

Kintaro said:
$129 is a gip now?

You sicken me, and I'm a cheap ass gamer.

I am sorry, but the PSOne was $80 at this point. I was hoping to get a PS2 for this price, but since it is selling so well it obviously is tougher. If I really needed a PS2 for other things I would have bought it long ago.

pr0cs

I'm in agreement with the OP. I mean there are a number of PS2 titles that I'd like to play but I think I'll just wait till the PS3 becomes more available and put that $129 to the total cost of the system rather than having to buy both later on.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Yeah that $50 price difference is like one less game you could buy when you get the system!

But it's like 2-3 GH's titles!

:rolleyes

Top Bottom