• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 not displaying

Was there an update to PS4 today? I was playing in the morning with no issue. Took a break and came back in the afternoon and it wouldn't boot. I get a pulsating blue light from the console itself and the the light goes white. Anyone else experience anything similiar?

Sometimes this can happen if the hdmi cable is slightly loose at either end. Check that first.

Don't think just because you haven't physically moved it that it can't happen. Someone / something could have or even heat expansion.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I bet you might need to double check the video cords and/or boot to safe mode. I know when I had the PS3 hooked up with AVI cords and then back to HDMI, I had to hold down the power button for a couple seconds to switch it back. PS4 has the safe mode as someone already mentioned.

I did have this issue with the Slim PS4, but it didn’t pulsate. It was the PSU going out. I’ve also seen this when you plug a PS4 into an unsupported video source (a computer monitor).

You could try:
Unplug, hold down the power, drain the unit of any charge, plug back in, and then turn on.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
The update is prob displaying the video in a way the tv's hdmi input doesn't recognize it? I was setting up a tv last week (brand new) and for some reason the first HDMI did not detect the ps4 pro but it recognized the switch no matter what until I changed the hdmi input.

So like others said, check the input and the hdmi cord and put it on safe mode just to be sure.

Thank you for the boot to safe mode suggestions! It actually worked. I think I need to switch out my hdmi cable. Can anyone suggest a good brand?

Top Bottom