• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Pro is going to be officially launched in Brazil for R$2.999,99

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
https://blog.br.playstation.com/2018/01/17/playstation-4-pro-chega-ao-brasil-em-fevereiro/
PlayStation Blog Brasil said:
Free translation

We're very happy to announce that the PlayStation 4 Pro will be officially available in Brazil by february 19. If you're looking for a system that shows dynamic 4K images or want to enhance your process power to make your games look smother than ever, you're going to be surprised.

Buy your PS4 Pro by february 19 with our partners at a suggested price of R$ 2.999,00
30-ps3americanas.jpg

kotakups4.jpg

Last edited:

Fbh

Google says that's like over USD $900!?!?!?.

What's the point of these ridiculous taxes on imported products like these ? I can understand them wanting to push locally produced products so to a point I can understand taxing stuff like imported clothes or food. But is anyone in Brazil even making videogame consoles ?

JP

I'm always amazed by the Brazilian prices for things like consoles, they always seem to be really high. Is this a pretty normal price though?

I know there's quite an import market there, does it work out any cheaper or do they also have prices like this?

Yagami_Sama

That PS3 price still unbelievable. I remember that back on the day one friend of mine selling his Celta and other stuff in order to buy one and a plasma TV and others sold halve of his "Lan-house" in order to buy one.

Buy video-game here in Brazil is very hard. Choose between overpriced oficial releases or import and wait for Correios feel like delivering it to you in up to 50 business day and the high custom is really hard.

Google says that's like over USD $900!?!?!?.

What's the point of these ridiculous taxes on imported products like these ? I can understand them wanting to push locally produced products so to a point I can understand taxing stuff like imported clothes or food. But is anyone in Brazil even making videogame consoles ?

These taxes are basically luxury taxes. The government assumes that if you have disposable income, you must be very wealthy, so they charge ridiculous taxes on anything that dirt poor people can't afford.

Harlock

At least PS4, Xbox and Steam users in Brazil can buy games with the same discount they have in usa, after a couple of months from release. This helps a lot. Nintendo games rarely drop the price. So is very expensive to have Nintendo in Brazil. Even more if you think about extra controllers or games like Labo series, at 80 bucks.

DonF

It is, based on the dollar exchange.

But internally, it's much more than that.
God damn! No wonder when Brazilians and argetinians come to Chile they stock up with technology like crazy. Here is close to 500 usd. Still not cheap, but way better.

Those prices are crazy. I'm guessing you guys import a lot of stuff instead of buying locally?

On hardware at least we unfortunately have to rely basically on the grey market, there are a lot of stores with, well, flimsy legal standards. For software it depends, a lot of the bigger stuff gets officially released here and the games get significantly cheaper if you wait a bit and know how to search for it. Unless you like japanese games or niche stuff in general (which everyone should), in which case you're pretty much fucked.

In general gaming is a very expensive and at times frustrating hobby here in Brazil.

Filben

I think this, related, was posted here, weeks ago:

It's just... awful. I feel for our fellow Brazilian GAFers.

Top Bottom