• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSA: Tax Deadline Extended to July 15.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

Individuals:
Income tax payment deadlines for individual returns, with a due date of April 15, 2020, are being automatically extended until July 15, 2020, for up to $1 million of their 2019 tax due. This payment relief applies to all individual returns, including self-employed individuals, and all entities other than C-Corporations, such as trusts or estates. IRS will automatically provide this relief to taxpayers. Taxpayers do not need to file any additional forms or call the IRS to qualify for this relief.

Trump and Treasury had brought this up a few days ago but its now official IRS guidance.

READ THE FULL TEXT HERE: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-drop/n-20-17.pdf

Last edited:

Sub_Level

I thought it was just payment, not filing?

Correct. The idea is most individuals will receive a refund anyway so there was no real reason for them to delay the filing.

But if you owe money, you can totally defer payment with no interest and no penalties.

Will update the OP with the notice.

Sub_Level

so do we still need to file by 4/15?

Yes. As before you can request a free 6 month extension if you aren't ready to file for whatever reason.

Whats changed is that you can defer your payment to July 15. And that you won't incur interest by not making your payment (if you owe) by April 15.

Yes. As before you can request a free 6 month extension if you aren't ready to file for whatever reason.

Whats changed is that you can defer your payment to July 15. And that you won't incur interest by not making your payment (if you owe) by April 15.
that's right, I forgot I still need to extend

Top Bottom