• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP Bargains?

Mook1e

I am currently serving overseas and I want to start working on my backlog of PSP games. My wife is in Washington State and she needs to know where to go to find the best priced PSP games. Does anyone know where there are good deals ($10 - $30) on the following games?

(In no particular order)
Loco Roco
Daxter
Tekken: DR
Mega Man Powered Up!
Syphon Filter
Every Extend Extra
UgnG
Exit
Killzone Liberation
Burnout Legends
Sid Meier's Pirates
Monster Hunter (Cheap, I’ll buy 2 if it has infrastructure for the future)
Pursuit Force
Tales of Eternia
Parrapa (I’m sure there’s nowhere in the US for this)

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
EEE and Pirates were available at some stores for $19.99 during promotions, but they're now over, IIRC.

Tales of Eternia never came out in the US. An English version did hit in Europe, however. I'm thinking Parapa never came out in the US either.

Was scratching my head over seeing this post in a completely unrelated thread a few minutes ago.

Mook1e

Mejilan said:
EEE and Pirates were available at some stores for $19.99 during promotions, but they're now over, IIRC.

Tales of Eternia never came out in the US. An English version did hit in Europe, however. I'm thinking Parapa never came out in the US either.

Was scratching my head over seeing this post in a completely unrelated thread a few minutes ago.
I recall hearing that Tales of Eternia was available in a few US retail outlets when it launched in Europe.
I may have to just pay the import price for Parappa, or get a friend to buy it for me.

This thread can also be a place to post good deals found on any and all PSP games.

You might try Amazon.com. A lot of those games have had their price dropped, but unfortunately, have also disappeared from stores.

Still, Kmart is worth a look. They recently discounted a lot of PSP games.

Mook1e said:
I recall hearing that Tales of Eternia was available in a few US retail outlets when it launched in Europe.
I may have to just pay the import price for Parappa, or get a friend to buy it for me.

From what I read on Gamefaqs, some Fry's carried the import version. (I don't have any of those in my area, though, so I dunno). As did Amazon.com for a while.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Around when ToE hit Europe, I do vaguely recall a thread that discussed Best Buy (was it?) engaging in a games import pilot program... but if memory serves, only a couple of Best Buys were doing it, and you were still paying import prices (just not the additional int'l shipping charge).

ToE was never officially or widely available in the US. Hell, I even imported my copy of it.

Omie

I got Every Extend Extra for $20 at EB and Burnout Legengs is a GH so that should be $20 as well! Peace and good luck hunting!

jvm

Gamasutra.
Why is Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror still $40 new and $30 used everywhere I've checked? I'd snap it up right now if it dropped $10.

(Prices subject to change. I checked on Friday...)

discohiro

Picked up Lumines II for $19.99 at GS two weeks ago. Not sure if it was on sale that week, however I can't seem to find this or EEE on the GS website.

Drek

EEE and Pirates! are both $19.99 at GS/EB regular price.

Does she have a CompUSA nearby? She could check the local store's clearance titles online, some crazy good deals there, like one near me had Daxter and Pursuit Force for $20 several months ago.

Have your wife check CompUSA and K-Mart if they're near her. They had plenty PSP games on clearance for $20 and waaaaaay below - lots of $10 games @ K-Mart.

Better yet, register at Cheapassgamer.com and then send her a shopping list. :D

Also - you can check store inventory on the CompUSA website.

Top Bottom