• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PUBG now over 4 million on Xbox. Free BP for all!

Ribi

Well Microsoft are subsidizing the reward for the people who bought the game on THEIR platform. How about you complain to Valve as to why they aren't doing the same thing for the people who bought the game on Steam?
WOOSH!

Valdega

Well Microsoft are subsidizing the reward for the people who bought the game on THEIR platform. How about you complain to Valve as to why they aren't doing the same thing for the people who bought the game on Steam?

Valve doesn't really have any reason to. PUBG already requires Steam on PC and it's already selling like hotcakes. In addition, Valve gets a cut of every marketplace transaction so whenever someone sells/buys a crate, key or cosmetic item, Valve gets paid. Currently there are costume sets being sold for over $1000.

xn0

I really like PUBG but it just isn't playable for me on X1X. I have played several matches of PUBG on X1X on a fast wired internet connection and the frame rate goes into the teens during every match, it stutters, there is tons of texture pop-in, and sluggish controls. HDR is completely broken so I have to turn off HDR on the X1X in order to actually see anything in PUBG. On my gaming rig I play it on a 980ti and it seems like the textures and shading have been updated on the PC version in order to increase performance and it doesn't appear that those changes have made it to the X1X version. I'm happy to support the game, but I'm left disappointed in how unplayable it is on the X1X. I can't imagine how bad PUBG must be on a standard X1. I hope an update fixes the game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom