• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Queensland man spends year with ‘insanely huge’ spider

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Couldn’t find the Australia thread so we leakin

Check out this big girl,” Mr Gray wrote. “Been watching her grow over last year. Cairns North Queensland. The mighty huntsman.”

3ab9d1023cbc0cf7427b1323a3030edd

Prison Mike

Banned
The other night I just killed a cockroach in my gf's room, went back to mine and had one of these bad boys sitting on the wall. Killed it with a book and slept like a rock haha. Qld has lots of these, but theyre still a shock to see in your room.
I hope you wake up covered in them in a revenge attack

Tschumi

Blokes and blokettes have spent my entire life trying to tell me those things aren't gonna jump 2 meters onto my face and tear into my eyeballs.. get fucked

DESTROYA

I call shenanigans, no sane person would allow that to hang around the house for a year, but then again we’re talking about Australia’s.
Anyway I think it’s fake and just has some fake spider tacked onto his wall.

Drake

He probably has no other bugs in his house thanks to her. No way I could live there though knowing that thing was in the house. I don't care if they're harmless to humans.

highrider

Banned
I know the Huntsman is relatively harmless and docile, but for every one of those you have some ridiculously dangerous spider like a funnel web. But danger aside I don’t think as an American from the East I could ever fully adjust to giant spiders just chilling in the area lol.

Kitbash

Huntsmen are our friends. They don't make webs and they get rid of bugs in the house. This one was protecting my kitchen a few years ago:
NqvKlvB.jpg

I only evict them if they pull pranks like sitting on a light switch in a dark room. That's not cool.

G-Bus

Banned
Fine with spiders in the house but I don't think I'd sleep too well having one that big around.

I'd have a pretty thorough blanket/bedroom check every night. Door shut with a towel at the bottom

Top Bottom