• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Queer Planet: NBC film that looks at LGBTQ animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

cormack12

Gold Member
GAF, I bring you treasures.

Source: https://www.indiewire.com/news/trai...-andrew-rannells-lgbtq-nature-doc-1235005637/

“We’ve all heard of gay penguins, but this film really opened my eyes to the full spectrum of LGBTQ+ behaviors across the natural world,” Rannells said in a press statement.

“Queer Planet” focuses on hidden LGBTQ+ communities among animals that have unconventional sexualities and genders.

“Queer Planet” includes footage of flamingos to pansexual primates and sex-changing clownfish; it even explores the fauna realm with multi-gendered mushrooms.

gay%20animals_620x349.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

When I was a kid people made fun of conservatives who shouted they wanted to make everyone gay.
Kinda crazy how the loonies weren't entirely wrong.
Amount of married fellas on Grindr these days is insane. Wanna get their back blown out then continue the hetero fantasy. So uh... It's already happened.

Kadve

Same Sex relationships in the animal world is an interesting subject (Yes, they exist). But yea not watching this obvious publicity stunt.

Last edited:

Soodanim

Gold Member
Gay animals: it's a nature documentary and it's not necessarily a well known aspect of animal behaviour. That's perfectly legitimate and it could be interesting to see.

LGBTQ+: transgender and queer animals plus all the rest of it, yeah? Good luck justifying that. The only way you can get anything like that to work is to categorise homsexuality as a less severe state on a biological development error spectrum known as transexualism. Which I have seen asserted once before, but it's not exactly a mainstream opinion.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Animals being gay I get. It happens. But Trans animals?

Clown fish do change sex, but that doesn't make them trans. It's rare and happens if the dominant female dies so the group can continue reproduction. It's an evolutionarily advantage for that species. You can't call them trans animals for that reason.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
What a desperately transparent attempt to push an ideology.

Just like all those ‘Jesus was real’ fake ass documentaries.

Talk about some things that are true with evidence to support… then liberally sprinkle with unsubstantiated, unscientific bullshit.

IF CLOWNFISH CHANGE SEX, HUMANS CAN TO.

IF ROMAN DOCUMENTS INDICATE A DUDE NAME JESUS LIVED THEN HE MUST BE THE SON OF GOD.

Same pathetic energy.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member

Talk about some things that are true with evidence to support… then liberally sprinkle with unsubstantiated, unscientific bullshit.

IF ROMAN DOCUMENTS INDICATE A DUDE NAME JESUS LIVED THEN HE MUST BE THE SON OF GOD.

Same pathetic energy.
jesus-lebowski.gif

Thaedolus

Gold Member

Same pathetic energy.
Now hang on- are you tryna tell me the stories written about that guy who was resurrected from the dead decades after the fact might be a bit suspect?

What’s next- Joseph Smith didn’t translate some golden plates about ancient Jews that traveled to America by looking at a rock in a hat??

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
I don't really get the objections, if it's not for you, don't watch it. If there's anything you learn from examination nature it's that pretty much anything goes. There's really no shortage of weird and disturbing shit, from cannibalism to sexual parasitism.

Basically, you do you.

Last edited:
I don't really get the objections, if it's not for you, don't watch it. If there's anything you learn from examination nature it's that pretty much anything goes. There's really no shortage of weird and disturbing shit, from cannibalism to sexual parasitism.

Basically, you do you.
The problem is that "it is not for you" stuff tend to be pushed more and more eventually. Happens all the time.

Embearded

Basically, you do you.

The problem is not the footage itself but the way it is presented.

The word queer and abbreviations like LGBTQ+ apply to humans only and not the entire animal kingdom.

Human reproduction system requires 2 straight cisgender people to work.
Neither of these people can change their reproductive system at will. It is hardcoded after conception, while they are in their mothers womb and there is no natural process to change that.

Some animals on this planet can change their reproductive system during their lives. This doesn't prove anything related to human sexuality / gender identity, neither make these animals LGBTQ+.

A male seahorse that carries the babies is not LGBTQ, it's just a seahorse.
A clownfish that changes the active reproduction system from male to female is not LGBTQ, its just a clownfish.

A male human wearing a wig, a skirt and pantyhose is just a human that chose to reject social constucts and good for them. That doesn't make them female.

John Bilbo

Human reproduction system requires 2 straight cisgender people to work.
Neither of these people can change their reproductive system at will. It is hardcoded after conception
Not after conception but the conception it self includes the sex of the child: male sperm has either X or Y chromosome and the sperm it self determines the sex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom