• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Question about Vertical 'distoration' lines on X360.

Yamaha98

My TV is an year old 32" Toshiba basic SDTV. It's not so much prominent, clear lines going down-up but more like 'heavier' blur forms that I have noticed since day 1. Definitely there on loading screens, like MotoGP '06 (blk screen w/ title) & GRAW. I checked the cables, & of course they seem proper as is the switch on the AV/Component cable to the unit. This because there is no picture I believe if I switch to "HD".

Another I want to note, my SDTV has 3-Video outputs. I recall not getting any picture, audio I did get, one the 1st nor 3rd output. The x360 is running off the 2nd Video output, which seem to have been the only option. To clarify on the working of the others, yes they do- my PS2 & DVD player are setup on them each respectively.

What is causing this? I hope it does not mean that "next-gen=HDTV only" cause I do not want to buy a $2K plasma now.

:(

gblues

Banned
What happens if you connect the X360 directly to the TV?
How is the switch connected to the TV? (composite? component? coax?)
Have you tried your X360 on another TV?

Nathan

Top Bottom