• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RalliBomb Challenge 2?

B'z-chan

Banned
This sickens me. Seriously just makes me sick to the core. Totaly worth 50 bucks and yet people wont buy this game. You better have no excuses now people. Buy this game.

Kon Tiki

Banned
bargin.jpg

heh

B'z-chan said:
This sickens me. Seriously just makes me sick to the core. Totaly worth 50 bucks and yet people wont buy this game. You better have no excuses now people. Buy this game.

maybe because it really isn't that much difference between the 1st and the 2nd. And/or piracy.

I didn't pick it up myself. Too car-red out on th xbox.

BUY ORTA and SHENMUE instead!

IJoel

TheGreenGiant said:
maybe because it really isn't that much difference between the 1st and the 2nd. And/or piracy.

I didn't pick it up myself. Too car-red out on th xbox.

BUY ORTA and SHENMUE instead!

There isn't much difference you say? You obviously don't own it.

I own both versions and RSC2 doesn't only contain a hell of a lot more than RSC, but it's much better and provides a great online experience.

B'z-chan

Banned
IJoel said:
There isn't much different you say? You obviously don't own it.

I own both versions and RSC2 doesn't only contain a hell of a lot more than RSC, but it's much better and provides a great online experience.

Thank you this man proves my point.

And ps Green Giant i already own Shenmue 2 and Panzer Dragoon Orta, not to mention Otogi

NONE SHALL pass bitch.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I should have known when it appeared on the MS Retailer site :(

Oh well, shame really

Bog

Junior Ace
Do these companies want us to stop buying shit for $49.99? With how fast prices drop, I'm considering waiting on just about everything. It's bullshit.

Mrbob

Bog said:
Do these companies want us to stop buying shit for $49.99? With how fast prices drop, I'm considering waiting on just about everything. It's bullshit.

Same here. Why buy for $49.99 when the price drop to $29.99 or less within two months.

crumbs

That's too bad, it's one of the few racers I liked. Guess this means no RSC3? The game is a big upgrade from the original, not to mention Live, so I don't think "sameness" is to blame.

B'z-chan

Banned
They only need to fix two things in the online at this point and people might not be throwing it down so much. Just give people the option of 30fps and all cars on the feild and allow everyone to talk to each other during the race's.

I'm surprised at how many used copies i'm seeing everywhere i got. It makes me filled with rage. As this game is vastly superior than its predicesor.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
B'z-chan said:
They only need to fix two things in the online at this point and people might not be throwing it down so much. Just give people the option of 30fps and all cars on the feild and allow everyone to talk to each other during the race's.

I'm surprised at how many used copies i'm seeing everywhere i got. It makes me filled with rage. As this game is vastly superior than its predicesor.

30 or 60 fps would not change anything. The Xbox just can't handle the textures and models for 16 cars at the same time in 64 MB of RAM.
The ONE thing that really bugs me is that in 4 players mode with collisions there is absolutely no reason why everyone could not talk at the same time. This is one reason my friends and I keep playing PGR2 instead of Rallisport most of the time, we like talking as much as actually playing the game.

IJoel said:
There isn't much difference you say? You obviously don't own it.

TheGreenGiant said:
I didn't pick it up myself.

Learning to read is a PLus. I can't say additions to driving games excite me terribly. More the same really.. and I've a bit sick of the rally structure and of course.. the whole driving experince. You can put me into the category of casual car driving fans..

see:

auto modellista (PS2)
GT3
NFS:U
PGR 1+2 (xbox)
Burnout 1+2 (ps2 + gc)
RRacer (Gamecube)
Rallisport
SEGA GT2
:D Mario Kart.

Urrrrghh.. over driving games. well, i'm not surprised by the price drops on MS products. Not selling = price cut or platinum collection.

B'z-chan

Banned
Blimblim said:
30 or 60 fps would not change anything. The Xbox just can't handle the textures and models for 16 cars at the same time in 64 MB of RAM.
The ONE thing that really bugs me is that in 4 players mode with collisions there is absolutely no reason why everyone could not talk at the same time. This is one reason my friends and I keep playing PGR2 instead of Rallisport most of the time, we like talking as much as actually playing the game.

Yeah i know i know i just want to dream man.

But yeah i'm the same way i like talking shit while racing and it just aint fun win you've got a friend or a guy that your going after and you cant talk shit to him. Hence why i play PGR2 a lot more than RSC2 but that doesnt mean i dont play it.

Gregory

Banned
Terrible. The sad part is that it`s doing just as bad, if not worse, in Europe.

I guess Dice should just stop making brilliant racing games and just port over some shabby Battlefield games instead. I`m sure they`ll sell tons, as every average war game on Xbox seems to do.

They worked for over 2 years on RSC2, made it one of the absolutely best racers available, yet it propably won`t even break 100K neither in America or Europe.

Nice.

this is fucking terrible. rallisport challenge 2 is the best racing game i've ever played (im really into rally racing, not so much for games like gt etc) and it sells like shit. i feel bad for the developers, because it is clear that this game is amazing. maybe this price drop will get their sales up...

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
throw me in the boat of people who passed on it because I knew this was coming. I get tired of throwing down 50 bucks on a game to see it drop in price only a few months later.. another thing that is starting to suck is the success of XBL is making it less fun..

when it first came out, you could get 100's if not thousands of people on any given game at once, now days some games will have a handfull of people on, its really depressing to enter the lobby of MM3, and see 2 or 3 games on a saturday afternoon.. and then some jackass boots you for being to hard to catch :(

WHAT THE EFF

I paid $50 for this game, on the day it came out. I drove around to all sorts of stores trying to find it. It was absolutely worth the 50 bucks. One of the best games I've played in years.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Well...promotion for this game has been piss poor. Outside of the Volvo commercial, most gamers are not even sure that this game is out. Also, though this game might be outstanding, how popular is rally racing in the US? Not trying to make excuses, just asking a question here. Maybe they can use the same engine for a conventional racing game?

dskillzhtown said:
Well...promotion for this game has been piss poor. Outside of the Volvo commercial, most gamers are not even sure that this game is out. Also, though this game might be outstanding, how popular is rally racing in the US? Not trying to make excuses, just asking a question here. Maybe they can use the same engine for a conventional racing game?

Yeah, Rally racing is not at all popular here in the U.S. I've liked it for years, and have tried to convince other people of the awesomeness of it, but most people would rather watch boring-ass NASCAR. I'm surprised that the Fast And The Furious explosion of ricers didn't cause Rally to be somewhat more popular here.

Soul4ger

BuddyChrist83 said:
Note: Since the Pre-Owned is still $44.99, this is a temporary price drop. Get it while you can!

Not true. Sometimes they're just a few days behind on dropping pre-owned.

Top Bottom