• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition (Switch) review thread

Glad to see this getting good reviews; I look forward to Rayman Legends Definitive Edition: Definitive Edition in the future.

Cause we're never getting a new Rayman. We'll get Legends "remastered" over and over just like Rayman 2 was forever.

Byvar

Cause we're never getting a new Rayman. We'll get Legends "remastered" over and over just like Rayman 2 was forever.
Actually, with this definitive edition, Rayman Legends is only one port away from being on just as many platforms as Rayman 2 ever was. The difference being that Rayman Legends always came with the same content, and Rayman 2 had major version differences.
Both are great games that almost deserve it though. I need an HD remake of Rayman 2 or even just a remaster of Rayman Revolution. It would definitely be more definitive than the RL Definitive Edition :p

Actually, with this definitive edition, Rayman Legends is only one port away from being on just as many platforms as Rayman 2 ever was. The difference being that Rayman Legends always came with the same content, and Rayman 2 had major version differences.
Both are great games that almost deserve it though. I need an HD remake of Rayman 2 or even just a remaster of Rayman Revolution. It would definitely be more definitive than the RL Definitive Edition :p

I'm... not shocked it's only one port away.

Rayman 2 is a good game, it's just odd to me that it's the only one of three good games that ends up ported on a semi regular basis. Where's my hand-drawn Rayman 1 Remaster? My Rayman 3 HD? Heck, even Rayman Arena/M would be a blast to see remade!

And while Legends is a good game, something about it just... makes it less enjoyable to me than Origins was. It's really strange; I can't articulate why I feel that way, but I do.

hiim_haz

Banned
Only on NeoGAF would people care so much about a stupid subtitle, Jesus Christ.

I'm looking forward to this and actually never got didn't to finishing the Wii U version so it'll be great to have a portable version.

Only on NeoGAF would people care so much about a stupid subtitle, Jesus Christ.

I'm looking forward to this and actually never got didn't to finishing the Wii U version so it'll be great to have a portable version.

I'm just poking fun at Ubi's tendency to make one game and port it ad nauseum; particularly Rayman games. The subtitle doesn't bother me either way.

Seik

Banned

You say this, but I'd buy a HD port of Rayman 2 now that you mention it.

Such a good game, pure 3D platforming/collecting bliss, soundtrack is top notch, too.

krumble

Already bought it full price on Wii U and then have it on playstation and Xbox through live/psn memberships on various consoles...

Sorry Ubisoft I won't be biting this time until it's on deep deep sale (and even then it's a shaky maybe, I've played it to death I think)

Klotera

This is the kind of game that really makes you wish Switch had a real d-pad. I can't imagine playing this game on the stick or buttons. Would have to be docked with Pro controller, which removes the portable advantage.

Great game, though (even if I still prefer Origins). Would really like to see another new Rayman rather than just porting this one over and over.

You say this, but I'd buy a HD port of Rayman 2 now that you mention it.

Such a good game, pure 3D platforming/collecting bliss, soundtrack is top notch, too.

The best 3D platformer not named Mario 64 easily

It really deserves some kind of remaster. Though I played the GOG version for the first time a year ago and it still holds up perfectly.

Ravelle

I never really got into the 3D Rayman's, not sure why actually.

I do remember playing the original Rayman and it getting really hard at the end. A lot of precision platforming and deadly spikes everywhere.

I played the demo and tbh I think its better than mario 3d land/world. But with it being so cheap on every other platform, I'm going to wait for a price drop.

ElGoldur

Neo Member
I am playing the switch version (didn't play it before).
On some specific levels/parts the frame-rate is terrible. It drops to 10 fps (this is me guessing but it it quite low, that's for sure). I am playing it on handheld mode.

Did someone else experience the same? Ubisoft needs to patch this.

Lijik

Shame that "Definitive Edition" is little more than a meaningless subtitle. I was hoping for some more new content.
Im a little surprised they didnt chuck in some of the better levels from Adventures as a mini campaign but I guess that hurts that games f2p bottom line

Ravelle

It's such a bummer the game is like 10 bucks on PS4 but for some reason because it's "new on the switch" it's 40 bucks again.

Top Bottom