• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ready 2 Rumble Boxing ROCKS

Alucard

Banned
I snagged it yesterday for $10 at EB. This game is pure arcade fun personified. The characters are over the top, the intro theme keeps playing in my head, and it's just really damn fun. I love the championship mode and training my fighter to become an unstoppable force in the ring. Afro Thunder rules! Seriously, this is one of the most enjoyable games I've played in recent memory. At first I thought the game felt a little stiff...until I started raising my stamina stats and I started to pull off some pretty sweet looking combos. Wicked. Too bad I don't know anyone else who owns a Dreamcast. :-\

0.jpg

"It's time to dance! It's time to dance! Dance sucka!"

nitewulf

welcome to 1999 dude. :)
but seriously that was one of the first games i rented for my DC, much fun was had by me and my friends. it was good to play and funny as hell.

Andy787

Banned
Yeah, I don't know why this game isn't thought of more highly. It isn't the best game ever, but it is tons of fun. I love how the characters take such a beating, bruising in real time. I'm just re-buying a Dreamcast again, definitely going to pick this up, or probably the sequel actually. Anyone know how good the sequel was? I can't believe they got characters like Bill and Hilary Clinton, Shaq, and Michael Jackson in there, I'll probably pick it up just for that.

Alucard

Banned
This one will definitely keep me busy for a while, but after I'm done with it I'd definitely like to check out the sequel as well. So far I've finished the championship mode with Afro Thunder and maxed out his stats. Unless there is something more in the champion class...

Oh yeah, I also want to check out Hydro Thunder for a high-speed racer that will give me a rush. I've heard the game does that well. :)

Alucard

Banned
Nah. I'm usually a generation behind when it comes to systems since I like to save money wherever I can. I've had my DC for...3 years? There are still quite a few games I want to "complete" my collection.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Ramirez said:
So why did Midway quit making these?Never played the 2nd one,did it suck or something?

No, just more of the same. I liked it in brief spurts. The MJ and Bill Clinton extras are priceless.

Alucard

Banned
Alex Anderson said:
You'll be sick of it within three hours.

Uhh, I've put over 5 hours into it already and it's still really fun to me. :) It's just something you can pop in at any time and have a good time with.

Top Bottom