• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real Life ‘Shawshank Redemption’ Prisoner Caught After 56 Years

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. The guy killed a pedestrian with his car.

2. He was convicted of said crime and somehow only got probation.

3. Asshole knowingly violated his probation and rather than face the consequences escaped from jail.

4. I cannot understand how any could advocate for a pure utilitarian justice system, that is kind of mind boggling. Example, a man kills his wife, let's just say he got tired of her bitching at him and he manages to get away with it. Now, he has no plans to murder anyone else and that was really just a one time heat of the moment thing. Are you really saying that 20 years later he shouldn't be arrested because there is no benefit to putting him behind bars?

5. This is exactly justice, you don't get to escape from the law and then claim it's not "just" when the law locks you back up.

you should just remove 1 and 2 from the list. Even then ... Lol

1. The guy killed a pedestrian with his car.

2. He was convicted of said crime and somehow only got probation.

3. Asshole knowingly violated his probation and rather than face the consequences escaped from jail.

4. I cannot understand how any could advocate for a pure utilitarian justice system, that is kind of mind boggling. Example, a man kills his wife, let's just say he got tired of her bitching at him and he manages to get away with it. Now, he has no plans to murder anyone else and that was really just a one time heat of the moment thing. Are you really saying that 20 years later he shouldn't be arrested because there is no benefit to putting him behind bars?

5. This is exactly justice, you don't get to escape from the law and then claim it's not "just" when the law locks you back up.
he didn't murder the pedestrian though, seemed like an accident

KorrZ

Not for murder and not when you are already convicted and break free from .

I was more responding to your point about never seeing a law passed where you're Scott free if you get away with a crime for an extended period of time. Which is what SoL is. Not this specific case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom