• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Recommend me an audiobook

Trogdor1123

I’m just about done my current batch of audible titles and I’m looking for something new.

So far, I have listened to, and enjoyed, the following:

The name of the wind
A wise man’s fear
The Stand
First four books of the stormlight archive
The GoT books
Origin
The Handmaids tale

I usually like longer books so length isn’t an issue for me. I also like fantasy/sci-fi the most. I was leaning towards Dune but I’m kind of wanting something else as I have read dune a few times before. The wheel of time series interests me too but that many books is a huge investment in audiobooks (when I already own the physical books but haven’t read them all yet).

I’d appreciate any recommendations.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I usually like longer books so length isn’t an issue for me. I also like fantasy/sci-fi the most.

Have you listened to JS Morin's Galaxy Outlaws? 1 credit for a 85 hour epic Sci-fi series.

This is like TNG meets Firefly and has some really good characters and stories.

If you like it, there are a few spin offs set in the same series that also have complete collections on Audible. Michael Naramore is amazing with the narration

(if the original is like TNG, this is like Voyager)

(if the original is like TNG, this is similar to DS9)

(if the original is like TNG, this is similar to Enterprise)

One of my favorite audiobook series.

i'm thinking of getting the lord of the rings books narrated by gollum. the ones i listened to before were some other guy and the audio quality was shit.

as for wheel of time...don't bother. it's daunting knowing there are 14 books to get through but that's not the problem. it's that the first two books at least are awful. the first one starts off as a lord of the rings rip off. at times it does seem interesting but it is such a slog until the end where the pace picks up and goes too fast for it's own good. if i could sum up how i felt reading that book it's like this monty python scene

i had no idea wtf was going on during the big finale and felt like i wasted my time with the book. i heard book two is better but it's more of the same.

Last edited:
Top Bottom