• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Regarding Spencer's upcoming announcement, let's refresh our memory with past announcements.

yltp60g.png

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I think what you’re saying is that if he announces Xbox is going 3rd-party, then we can expect all their releases from now on to be exclusive on Xbox Series X?

Shin-Ra

IyeSg4u.gif

John Candy Reaction GIF

Kinect 3.0 is coming!

Shin-Ra

At this point, if you still think Phil has been a good CEO for Xbox, you’re either retarded, or deaf dumb and blind.
Have we got the gaming peripheral for you. We The NSA can actually monitor which disabilities you actually have.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
My favourite was the e3 show where Phil announced the Xbox One S at the start of the show, and made it pointless by the end of the show as they started talking about the Xbox One X. Genius move.

Xbox One exclusives were pretty good up until 2015. After that it all fell apart. They didn’t have Bungie. They didn’t have Epic. They didn’t have Lionhead. Third party exclusives became more expensive because of their diminishing market share.

Even if they had done everything right with XB1 hardware, they had put themselves in a bad situation for software, thinking that they can pay to build a new AAA studio and the results will be just as good as with a battle tested studio.

FunkMiller

My favourite was the e3 show where Phil announced the Xbox One S at the start of the show, and made it pointless by the end of the show as they started talking about the Xbox One X. Genius move.

I remember when it was made clear that all games would have to run on Series S.

Still the most boneheaded thing Phil’s done… aside from having zero exclusives.

ahtlas7

“We’re not in the business of out-consoling Sony or out-consoling Nintendo.“

”There isn’t really a great solution or win for us
...”

“…if you just build great games everything would turn around. It’s just not true that …that if we just focused more on great games on our console that somehow we’re going to win the console race doesn't really lay into the reality”

-
Phil Spencer, CEO Microsoft Games

Guy must be suffering from red ring of death syndrome.

Ozzie666

Hopefully Phil is going to reintroduce Don and give him a second chance to right the ship.
Give him a muligen.
It couldn't be much worse.

Top Bottom