• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember old arcade sidescroller w/girl character & magic flute?

ph349397

I'm trying to figure out the name of an old arcade game. The character you played as was a girl. It was a Shinobi-style game, and the one thing that made it stand out was that there was a magic flute that you either always had or could acquire. When she played the flute all the enemies on screen were killed. I'm starting to think I've fabricated a memory, so please tell me I haven't.

Also, we are talking about the eighties here, think way back.

Beezy

Cymbal Head said:
I tried to come up with some sort of "Magic Flute" joke, and failed.

Ignore this post.

EDIT: Wait, I got one...no. It's gone.

Was such a pointless edit necessary?

PolyMan

Banned
Are you thinking of Athena? (snk, circa 86) don't remember a flute, but she had these club like instruments

ph349397

No, it's not Athena. Man, I must have just dreamt this up. I think the girl had a sword, maybe some throwing stars, and there was lots of jumping around. I think there were stages that were very vertically oriented, like you would end up jumping up and up and up a lot. I think many times the "platforms" were tree branches. I remember a lot of trees in the stages.

hie

i think i used to have this game for.....sega master system or genesis. i think SMS. i want to say 'Mystic Defender', but i don't think thats it. fuck. i'll think of it.

you were a girl and you jump all around these trees and ninja's would be hopping all over the place throwing stars. you would also encounter dudes that looked like Raiden. sound like the game?

belgurdo

Banned
Legend of Kage sounds a lot like this (in a forest, vertical movement across several screens), except you are not a girl and there are no instruments. You rescue a princess (who is the first character to appear onscreen)

lkage.gif

hie

yup! legend of kage. i loved that game. good work.

this game was hard(cheap). i thought you did play as a girl though...

Top Bottom