• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember those green tag games at TRU?

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Looks like they all got knocked down to $10, and eliminated the green tag sale. Not so great on a bunch of titles, but I was able to get Polarium, Demon Stone and Gackt May Cry for $10 a piece, and this would also mean shit like Timesplitters Future Perfect GCN, Crystal Chronicles, DBZ Sagas PS2 would all be $10 too. Not too shabby. But it seems the new owners are trying to nix the green tag sale, meaning my beautiful buy 1 get 2 trick will never work again. Blast!
Oh, and I'm quitting the job after Black Friday, so it looks like someone else will have to take the reign of delivering shitty deals from TRU to the GAF eye. The shame!

Bog

Junior Ace
RevenantKioku said:
Looks like they all got knocked down to $10, and eliminated the green tag sale. Not so great on a bunch of titles, but I was able to get Polarium, Demon Stone and Gackt May Cry for $10 a piece, and this would also mean shit like Timesplitters Future Perfect GCN, Crystal Chronicles, DBZ Sagas PS2 would all be $10 too. Not too shabby. But it seems the new owners are trying to nix the green tag sale, meaning my beautiful buy 1 get 2 trick will never work again. Blast!
Oh, and I'm quitting the job after Black Friday, so it looks like someone else will have to take the reign of delivering shitty deals from TRU to the GAF eye. The shame!

Why wouldn't you quit before Black Friday?

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Bog said:
Why wouldn't you quit before Black Friday?

12 hour shift is a nice bit of pocket change and with all of my friends gone for the weekend, what the fuck else am I gonna do?
Plus, the store is going to complete shit, and while I don't care for most of the management, I do respect my section leader, and know he could really use my help on Friday.

cicero

RevenantKioku said:
Polarium has been going for $10 at most places for a while now.

RevenantKioku

cicero said:
Polarium has been going for $10 at most places for a while now.

Yeah, but there are a shit ton of coupons to find for TRU right now. A little searching on the net will find you a save $5 on $25 purchase. That alone turns 3 of these games into a decent deal. And I've seen a few 10% off your entire purchase, 20% off one item, $10 off a $100 sale coupons, and if you have them all, TRU will damn sure take them all at once.

ToxicAdam

Mine was tagging thiers on Monday night. They didn't have shit. A bunch of generic looking FPS games for the Xbox and assorted PS2 games. Then right next to it .. were a handful of PSOne games still for 15 dollars (one being Chrono Cross).

Isn't it time to blow those PSone games out already?

MrDaravon

Dang, I didn't post this because it's kinda old news over on CAG, I figured it'd been posted over here. My Walmart's been cleaned out of Green tag stuff for a while, but I went yesterday and picked up the only copies of Amplitude and Thief Deadly Shadows for 10 a pop. They oddly also had a veritable ton of FFTA, Metroid Fusion, and Metroid Zero Mission left. Which sucks because I picked up the two Metroid titles the day green tag started for something like 15 and 17.50 respectively.

MrDaravon

Fuck, do you know what time they open Friday? I work early, I honestly probably wouldn't be able to get there until Friday night, and I'd imagine they'll be cleaned out by then.

MrDaravon

If I can I'll swing by after work and see if they've got any left. For some reason I swore I remember you saying you'd already picked that up, maybe I was thinking of Zero Mission or something.

RevenantKioku said:

Shucks, CAG does it anyways probably faster too. :)

demi

SailorDaravon said:
If I can I'll swing by after work and see if they've got any left. For some reason I swore I remember you saying you'd already picked that up, maybe I was thinking of Zero Mission or something.

Yeah Zero Mission I snagged at my TRU

Top Bottom