• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Renegade Kid: Mutant Mudds 2 likely for Wii U and 3DS

Cubed3: With the game a success on Nintendo 3DS, why the leap to Wii U as well and what are the key differences in the Deluxe version?

Jools Watsham: There are a number of different reasons we wanted to bring Mutant Mudds to Wii U. The main reason is to hopefully find a new audience with those who do not have a Nintendo 3DS. The Wii U's GamePad also lends itself rather well as a portable experience, which felt like a good fit for the game considering its origins. We didn't want to do just a direct port of the 3DS game though. We have added 20 new Ghost Levels, which contain new enemies and power-ups. Mutant Mudds Deluxe also support 16:9 aspect ratio for a crisp and clean HD experience on your TV.

Cubed3: What are your thoughts working on the Nintendo Wii U so far and are there any other Wii U projects in the pipeline?

Jools Watsham: We've really enjoyed working with the Wii U and will continue to do so. I expect we'll explore both 2D and 3D game development for Wii U in the future.

Cubed3: We're excited about the Mutant Mudds sequel! Will there be versions on both Wii U and 3DS?

Jools Watsham: Thank you! Yes, I think it is safe to assume that Mutant Mudds 2 will be on both 3DS and Wii U. But, if one platform released before the other, it will be the 3DS that sports Max's new adventure first. Max knows where his roots are.

Cubed3: If you could work on any Nintendo franchise what would it be and why?

Jools Watsham: I like the idea of taking an off-beat character from Nintendo's vast library and giving them their own game. Imagine the adventures of a Goomba or a Boo. That is what I would choose to do, if given the choice. That way there are no preconceived ideas of what the game should be, which makes it more fun for us to develop and hopefully more fun for the player to discover.

Source

o1UNa.gif

I loved the first one, can't wait!

Top Bottom