• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Renfield (Nicholas Cage Dracula movie) trailer

mutt765

Nicolas Cage Vampire GIF

Take It Nicolas Cage GIF by The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent

Dr.D00p

Nicholas Cage...surely one of the most perplexing careers in Hollywood

The man comes in and out of fashion more often & quicker than a Hollywood hooker drops her panties.

..and Nicholas Hoult, my outside tip for the next James Bond.

NickFire

I have to see this. Anytime someone was a Vampires victim in the 80s, and the vampire in 2020s, I gotta see it.

Soltype

what's with movies today having characters asking questions about things the audience is shown in great detail. "Did you just blank with a blank?" , "is that a (insert retro item)?, "are you listening to (insert retro band)?", it's the absolute worst and they keep doing it.

H4ze

God I do love me some Nic Cage, will watch just because of him.
Just saw Massive Talent last week and had a great time with it. The Cage is back bois and grils.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Just got back from seeing it. Obviously depends on the person, but I thought this movie was absolutely hilarious. Some really good action, blood, and gore as well. And it was the over the top kind of blood and gore that made the audience break out laughing at the absurdity of just how much it was spraying everywhere.

Hoult and Awkwafina made for a great pairing on screen and Cage was in excellent form.

Really curious to see how this does at the box office this weekend. I hope it finds an audience.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I thought it was good stupid fun. I love the idea of exploring Renfield and Dracula as a codependent relationship. Nic Cage stole every scene he was in.

GMCamaro

Just saw it. It. Fucking. Sucked. I knew I should have gone to see Dungeons and Dragons. Not enough Cage, and the actors seemed to improv too much; comedy shit was weak. Good gore, but that was it.

Also some woman brought her baby in with her.

Costs too much too.

Last edited:

Renoir

that baby nonsense be getting me hot too.. I would give it a pass in restaurants(also depends on the restaurant) or planes. But the MOVIES and a supposed horror movie at that.. pffft.
I was curious about this, glad I went to super Mario instead of this .

Shh

Just saw it. It. Fucking. Sucked. I knew I should have gone to see Dungeons and Dragons. Not enough Cage, and the actors seemed to improv too much; comedy shit was weak. Good gore, but that was it.

Also some woman brought her baby in with her.

Costs too much too.
I thought it was fantastic. You are high.

AJUMP23

Who brings a baby to a Dracula movie let alone any movie? Why do you think you can enjoy a movie with a baby, and why do you want to ruin everyone else with your baby being in there.

JonSnowball

The writing for the comedic elements of this film felt, in a bad way, the same as a great deal of more modern films. As if the entire cast are friends from work giggling with each other without saying anything of substance or actually funny.

I'd compare it to having a penis inserted into your ear canals. Nic Cage was cool as Dracula though!

Fbh

Yeah this wasn't very good. The plot is like a more gory but way less funny and worse written version of Guillermo from the "what we do in the shadows" TV show.
Cage was great but it's the usual movie where they plaster him all over the trailers and promo but then he is only in like 20% of the movie.

Top Bottom