• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Repaired DS screen, SP+?

Spencerr

Banned
Obviously not seeing as they're not the same size screen.

However, compared to my friend's DS, the colors are more saturated (I think that's the word? I don't know, some of them are "darker") and the picture quality seems a little better. When I turn it off now, it sorta fades in horizontal lines, I don't recall it doing that before, and the bottom screen doesn't do that.

So yeah, what's up with that? :lol

vitaflo

SP+ screen is definitely more saturated and and has has more contrast. Is the screen brighter than your friends? Because the SP+ is brighter than the DS from what I can see.

Leatherface

Spencerr said:

However, compared to my friend's DS, the colors are more saturated (I think that's the word? I don't know, some of them are "darker") and the picture quality seems a little better. When I turn it off now, it sorta fades in horizontal lines, I don't recall it doing that before, and the bottom screen doesn't do that.

Take side by side pics and post them. I may break my screen and have Nintendo fix it. :lol

Spencerr said:

I notice the horizontal lines when I turn off my DS with a newly repaired top screen too. I haven't really noticed if the top screen was brighter than the bottom one now. My old top screen used to be darker than the bottom (which is one of the reasons I had it repaired, plus it had a bad pixel).

Leatherface said:
Take side by side pics and post them. I may break my screen and have Nintendo fix it. :lol
Just curious about how you would do that. The warranty doesn't cover physical damage?

If someone has the new pink/light blue DS that comes in the Nintendogs bundle, I'd like to know if it has an improved screen as well.

Sagitario

The Main Event said:
If someone has the new pink/light blue DS that comes in the Nintendogs bundle, I'd like to know if it has an improved screen as well.

Or the new red Mario Kart DS when it comes out...

Unison

DIrtyWeasel said:
Just curious about how you would do that. The warranty doesn't cover physical damage?

My DS screen was a little scratched and then I noticed the R-button wasn't working unless I pressed on it REALLY HARD, so I sent it back to NIntendo. They sent me a new unit, saying they couldnt' replicate the problem. (It doesn't have a brighter screen or anything though). Now I have a brand-spanking-new unit at no cost (Nintendo paid for shipping both ways).

You can't fault their customer service, that's for sure.

Top Bottom