• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Respawn on massive hiring spree, has 45+ job postings between Titanfall and Star Wars

Honestly I'll be surprised if either of these aren't cross-gen games with the next consoles given the roles they're currently hiring.

Isnt respawns SW game scheduled after the Visceral Game? So probably 2019.

And by that time i doubt a new Console gen will happen.

Some Nobody

Honestly I'll be surprised if either of these aren't cross-gen games with the next consoles given the roles they're currently hiring.

You'd peg the next console gen at 2019? I'm waffling, I feel like Sony has every reason to wait it out one last year and launch in 2020 but they usually don't go 7 years, last gen being an exception.

Falchion

I'm really looking forward to whatever Star Wars game they're developing but I really want them to be working on more Titanfall as well. That was spectacular and I don't want 2 to be the end.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Isnt respawns SW game scheduled after the Visceral Game? So probably 2019.

And by that time i doubt a new Console gen will happen.
I'd expect Battlefront 3 in 2019 given the trend thus far, though I do think a console by then is plausible.

You'd peg the next console gen at 2019? I'm waffling, I feel like Sony has every reason to wait it out one last year and launch in 2020 but they usually don't go 7 years, last gen being an exception.
And toward Respawn more generally, I'm expecting at least a 3 year development cycle from now if they're still missing half the seniors on each team, at which point I think they might wait the 8 additional months and be cross-gen - even with a 2020 console launch - instead of risking the end-of-gen death that murdered non-90+ Metacritic titles like Splinter Cell.

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
are they working on Titanfall Online by Nexon ?

No. All development work on Titanfall Online is being handled by Nexon in Korea. We've given them some tech help here and there when they have questions, but otherwise its all them. Can't wait to see what they cook up! :D

jtb

Banned
So they're definitely continuing their partnership with EA, then? Wasn't really sure given the weird tension about how Titanfall 2 launch was handled.

Renekton

And toward Respawn more generally, I'm expecting at least a 3 year development cycle from now if they're still missing half the seniors on each team, at which point I think they might wait the 8 additional months and be cross-gen - even with a 2020 console launch - instead of risking the end-of-gen death that murdered non-90+ Metacritic titles like Splinter Cell.
I think as long as they don't release on launch year, they might be fine.

2020 seems like a safe bet.

iavi

Titanfall 2 is one of, if not the best FPS released in the last few years and I've played Doom, wolfenstein etc. they're not the complete package like TF2.

Amazing SP. Ridiculously good MP.

So glad to see they're on Star Wars

Top Bottom