• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Restoring old photo's with photoshop..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone on GAF about a year ago posted some tool/filter that helps restore old photos. It worked amazingly well and for the life of me I can't figure out what the hell it was. Anyone on the off chance know what the hell talking about? In the thread posted there was a before and after pic from like 1918 or something. The fixed pic looked stunning. Anyone remember this? If so, any info in finding this photoshop add-on would be great.

:)

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
did you get this idea from the picture of the dog with an arrow in its head?

no damn it ! :lol

I'm trying to help a photographer friend of mine with restoring old photo's. One of you has to remember!! anyone?!! =_(

olimario

Banned
I've never seen it... I'd like to try it.
I'm sure you can do it by hand, though.
I did this in a minute.

quick0kq.jpg

Yeah, I know I can do it by hand. However this is meant for someone who needs to do a ton of pics so I'm kind of looking for some time saving methods.

(nice job btw)

lachesis

CTR+Shift+L
CTR+Shift+Alt+L
CTR+Shift+Alt+B

These are three auto color balancing options. If the picture isn't too bad, a lot of times it fixes it. I used it all the time at work. Takes seconds to fix in many cases.

Hope this helps.

lachesis

olimario

Banned
Iceman said:
quick0kq.jpg

woah, I'm sorry.. I was looking for a latte.

:lol

Desaturate
Sharpen
Up contrast
Then I created a new layer and colored it.

If you have to correct a bunch of like pictures, you can create a macro in the history box. Assign it to F2 and apply it to each picture by pressing F2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom