• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Revisiting the AI of Alien: Isolation

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

To celebrate both the 50th episode of AI and Games, and the original video garnering over one million views, I revisit the AI of Creative Assembly's horror game Alien: Isolation. Exploring more of the inner workings of the Xenomorph and other artificial intelligence systems in the game.

Arachnid

The Xenos AI has always blown me away. Even after finishing this game on the hardest mode, I still can't predict that thing. That went a long way towards keeping the fear and tension up all game.

AI is the best horror game this gen IMO. It's also the most true survival horror experience we've had since the original Silent Hill and RE games.

brian0057

Banned
One of the best horror games I've ever played. Right up there with REmake, Silent Hill 2, System Shock 2 and the Shalebridge Cradle mission from Thief: Deadly Shadows.

Just watching the game on YouTube gives me anxiety.

martino

Interesting watch.
I don't like this type of game but friends who plated it told me there is something great going on in it with the alien.
I understand why now.

Last edited:
I loved this game. Scary games usually are too much for me, I have little jumpscare tolerance, I was able to make it through this though.

When I discovered Previously Recorded, after they had ended the show/channel, I watched their review of this game and was surprised they just seemed to HATE IT.

It isn't perfect, but the atmosphere just really stood out to me at the time.

Top Bottom