• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ridge Racer 7 to launch with PS3

jarrod

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
They put RRV and Ridge Racers together in under a year. NAMCO isn't a company that needs alot of time to put together a proper sequel.
"They" did not put RR5 together at all. RRs was a compilation of old content bumped up to Dreamcast level visuals in under a year though... pretty impressive admittedly, but so is RR6 in similar ways (framerate, level detail, etc). But we need to remember, this isn't the RR1-5 team.... it's the team who made Moto GP1-4, Racing Evolution, Rune Chaser, RRs and RR6.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TRANSLATE THE INTERVIEW AND FIND OUT IF THEY MENTION FORCE FEEDBACK OR DRIVING FORCE PRO SUPPORT...

***************P-L-E-A-S-E*******************

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
jarrod said:
"They" did not put RR5 together at all. RRs was a compilation of old content bumped up to Dreamcast level visuals in under a year though... pretty impressive admittedly, but so is RR6 in similar ways (framerate, level detail, etc). But we need to remember, this isn't the RR1-5 team.... it's the team who made Moto GP1-4, Racing Evolution, Rune Chaser, RRs and RR6.

I didn't know that, it would make sense though.

RRs and RR6 aren't bad, RRs was especially nice for a handheld, but they are missing something. They just seem a bit bland for RR games, missing that 'thing' that makes RR games special. Even the Rage tracks in RRs just didn't have the same impact.

I'm not as excited for RR7 now then, although I will still hope for a return to form.

Nash said:
I didn't know that, it would make sense though.

RRs and RR6 aren't bad, RRs was especially nice for a handheld, but they are missing something. They just seem a bit bland for RR games, missing that 'thing' that makes RR games special.

I'm not as excited for RR7 now then.

I think it had everything something like RRT4. They're very stylish (moreso than the other game sin the series) and have great music and all have a similar drift mechanic. Which is to say its borderline automatic meaning that you almost have to force yourself to mess up a drift.

Top Bottom