• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League wins Sports Game of the Year DICE Awards

Check out @gamasutra's Tweet: https://twitter.com/gamasutra/status/700541086725353472?s=09

Rocket League, sports game of the year #DICEAwards

Well deserved!!

Edit:they won three awards. Super well-deserved.

Congratulations to Psyonix, makers of the incredible smash hit Rocket League, for winning not 1, not 2, but 3 out 3 possible awards tonight at the 2016 DICE Awards!

http://www.interactive.org/images/pdfs/19th-Annual-DICE-Awards-Finalists.pdf

Outstanding Achievement in Online Gameplay

Rocket League

Destiny: The Taken King
Halo 5: Guardians
Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
Splatoon

D.I.C.E. Sprite Award

Rocket League
Her Story
GALAK-Z
Kerbal Space Program
Undertale

Sports Game of the Year

Rocket League

EA Sports FIFA 2016
Madden NFL 2016
MLB® 15 The Show™
NBA 2K16

WoolyNinja

Got it with PS+, I can't stop. I need help!

Game deserves all the accolades it receives! This "one more game" thing is what most other sports titles have been missing for years.

Ramenman

Rocket League deserves every award it can get. It's crazy good, crazy simple but with an infinite learning curves and neverending source of laugh/tension/punishment/satisfaction, AND there's simply nothing like it, it's truly brand new (aside from, you know, actually being a sequel).

The right game won...its amazing

DICE are more like GDC awards, awards from devs rather than publications.

Doesn't necessarily mean they're more accurate but I usually find those more fitting to my subjective expectations.

Amazing game, got back to it recently and it felt incredible like it did day one. I think the biggest win here isn't Sports Game of the Year but "Outstanding Achievement in Online Gameplay".

Well deserved. The other games on the list have been stagnating and have failed to deliver significant improvements this gen. Rocket league was something new and fun, it deserved to win.

Top Bottom