• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockman Rockman & Irregular Hunter X: 4 new GAMEPLAY VIDEOS

Zeo

Banned
http://www.gamespot.com/psp/action/rockmanrockman/media.html
http://www.gamespot.com/psp/action/irregularhunterx/media.html

There's two videos for each under their respective link (plus the IHX trailer from a couple days ago, GameSpot still doesn't have the official Rockman Rockman trailer up).

They both look and sound awesome. I like how different the two designs are for each series. I hope they decide to do the same to the rest of the Classic and X series (not just the NES and SNES games).

And it'd be nice if there wasn't just like one Classic and one X game a year. Capcom should put out 2 every couple months. It can't be a very time consuming development.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
animation is actually pretty awesome. i like it

i hope mega man 2 gets this treatment...best mega man ever

Zeo

Banned
Wario64 said:
animation is actually pretty awesome. i like it

i hope mega man 2 gets this treatment...best mega man ever

2 is my favorite in both series. I wanna see the X vs. Zero fight and the Wily Castle dragon fight on PSP. They'd look badass.

genjiZERO said:
this game is going to be bad-ass. Finally some good PSP games.

Dude, Wipeout and Lumines. :p

But yeah, my most anticipated games are actually remakes. Can't wait.

KingJ2002

Megaman X: Irregular Hunter looks good for a psp game

but "Mega Man Mega Man" looks alot better... the animation there looks better and it's just vivid i suppose... irregular hunter looks bland like the ps2 mega man games.

jett

D-Member
KingJ2002 said:
Megaman X: Irregular Hunter looks good for a psp game

but "Mega Man Mega Man" looks alot better... the animation there looks better and it's just vivid i suppose... irregular hunter looks bland like the ps2 mega man games.

Nah you crazy man, Chill Penguin's animation was awesome, looked pretty sweet. Both games look good, but the arranged music in Rockman Rockman is horrible. Blergh.

Zeo

Banned
jett said:
Nah you crazy man, Chill Penguin's animation was awesome, looked pretty sweet. Both games look good, but the arranged music in Rockman Rockman is horrible. Blergh.

I dunno about horrible. It's just a little more.. happy. heh

jett

D-Member
Hopefully both of them sell bigtime so we see both series entirely remade. It will be like the second coming of 2D(well uh, gameplay wise).

Zeo

Banned
jett said:
Hopefully both of them sell bigtime so we see both series entirely remade. It will be like the second coming of 2D(well uh, gameplay wise).

Yeah, and again, hopefully they do X4-6 and Classic 7-8 in their respective PSP styles too. The whole series.

Maybe remake X7 in 2D? C'mon guys.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Rockman Rockman looks and sounds a little too cutesy for my tastes which is a shame because that's the one with the level editor.

Zeo

Banned
kaching said:
Rockman Rockman looks and sounds a little too cutesy for my tastes which is a shame because that's the one with the level editor.

So you wouldn't get it because it's cartoony?

Ladies and gentleman, this is what's wrong with gaming.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Geeze. The X remake - to my eyes it just makes it seem what 2.5D Megaman should be compared to the crap that was X7 and X8. I mean, the graphic are even a somewhat similar style, it looks like it could be running on a modified engine.

But looks a billion times better. One thing is that it doesn't look so bloody slow and mushy.

Andy787

Banned
Both look great. :) Man, PSP is perfect for sidescrollers. Both of these and Ghouls n Ghosts should keep me very happy.

kiryogi

Banned
Kaijima said:
Geeze. The X remake - to my eyes it just makes it seem what 2.5D Megaman should be compared to the crap that was X7 and X8. I mean, the graphic are even a somewhat similar style, it looks like it could be running on a modified engine.

But looks a billion times better. One thing is that it doesn't look so bloody slow and mushy.

..? It looks exactly like x8 visually. Slandering X7, sure go ahead, but X8 was actually a very decent X title. Infact, one of the more fun ones since X4.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Looks awesome!! Rockman Rockman especially. I love the goofy animations. I'm buying both of these as soon as they come out.

kablooey

Oh man, Irregular Hunter looks awesome! Mega Man X is probably my favorite game in either series, come to think of it, and the new graphics look great.

jett

D-Member
Kaijima said:

X8 shits on X5, X6 and X7 combined.

Zeo

Banned
Kaijima said:

You obviously didn't play X8, as it looks exactly like the X remake and the gameplay in the remake is very much based off of X8.

Go play it. It's awesome and hard.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Zeo said:
So you wouldn't get it because it's cartoony?

Ladies and gentleman, this is what's wrong with gaming.
I said cutesy, not cartoony. And I'm not slagging the game, only indicating that it probably doesn't match my tastes. And don't worry, this will probably the first and last time you hear my take on it - you won't have to worry about me whinging about it in every thread like some people have been known for... ;)

mutsu

kaching said:
I said cutesy, not cartoony. And I'm not slagging the game, only indicating that it probably doesn't match my tastes. And don't worry, this will probably the first and last time you hear my take on it - you won't have to worry about me whinging about it in every thread like some people have been known for... ;)

Actually I quite agree with you... not my taste at all, it is too... child like? I don't know, but the Rockman series should feel like that.

And I am just not a fan for 2.5/3D Rockmans... never liked it ever since it turned 2.5/3D on PS3...

Beowvlf

Banned
Andy787 said:
Man, PSP is perfect for sidescrollers.
Amen to this. It seems logical that the widescreen LCD would be perfect in this regard, but I still never really thought it was as simple as that. But damn it it is.

Who's up for an Einhander remake? I KNOW I AM!!

Rockman Rockman looks like crap IMO.

Why didn't they just use sprites instead of really low-poly 3D models? The art style is just not Megaman-ish enough either. The whole "level creator" idea would probably work better on the DS anyway.

The other one looks decent, but I'm not really interested in the more recent Megaman titles.

Zeo

Banned
IGN said:
September 20, 2005 - Capcom Japan has announced a release date for the PSP remake of Mega Man X. Selling under its new name of Irregular X, the game will hit Japanese store shelves on 12/15.

(Irregular Hunter X, guys.)

December 15th though, so Rockman Rockman will probably release around the same time, I'd guess.

Hopefully Capcom is awesome and gives it a Japan/American release. I mean we got X8 a few months before Japan.

1Up said:
There are two (sorta) new Mega Man titles on the horizon for PSP. The first is Mega Man: Powered Up (titled Rockman Rockman in Japan -- remember that Mega Man's Japanese name is Rockman), an updated version of the original Mega Man game that sports a create-a-stage feature and Mega Man: Maverick Hunter X (dubbed Irregular Hunter X in Japan), a polygonal remake of the first Mega Man X title.

Ugh, just read that from 1Up. Could they have picked worse titles? Mega Man: Maverick Hunter X just sounds weird because they move the X. Ew.

/nitpick

1Up said:
Tatsuya Kitabayashi: We were just going to make this new game like the original with only six stages. Then one day, even though I'm the producer of the project, Mr. Inafune came up to me and gave me character designs for two new characters. He said, "Put these in your game," and I said, "What?!" And Mr. Inafune was like, "Ah, just put 'em in the game." So I'm explaining to him, "You don't understand. Now I have to design two extra stages, and even worse, there was a delicate balance between which enemy's weapon would beat which enemy. So now you throw in two more, and how do they relate to all the other bosses that are already there? Are they strong; are they weak?" Luckily, Mr. Inafune had already thought that out, and was able to tell me what weapons worked on each of the bosses. But yes, the two extra bosses are new and designed by Mr. Inafune. So he literally went back to the drawing board for this game.

AWESOME.

1Up said:
Inafune: These remakes are supposed to symbolize me trying to get the consumer, as well as the designers in Capcom's Research and Development, to understand what Mega Man is. So by going back to the series' roots, people will play and think, "Wait, this was a lot more fun than I thought." Then maybe it will prove that making Mega Man X9 or Mega Man 9 would make sense. If these new games are not supported, as much as I dislike the idea, then it wouldn't make sense to make those sequels. The game industry, of course, is run on money. It's not like I'm making these games just for my own benefit -- we have to make a profit. If we do make a profit, and it proves that Mega Man is still popular, then I would love nothing more than to continue the series to X9 and 9. Maybe if it sells a lot in America…

Mega. Man. 9. Please.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
soundwave05 said:
The whole "level creator" idea would probably work better on the DS anyway.
Possibly, but it works just fine on the PSP though and has the benefit of a readily available rewritable storage slot as well as the ability to up/download to and from the PC. Been playing with the level editor for Gripshift and its very easy to get into with fairly sensibly laid out controls. And this is for creation of fully 3d levels so there's the additional need to have camera controls to maneuver around your creation to see what you're doing, a requirement that the 2d level editor for Rockman Rockman won't have. I'm sure that if a small dev like Sidhe can get a 3d level editor working as well as they have on the PSP, Capcom shouldn't have any technical reason why they can't do a decent 2d level editor on the PSP.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
GameSpy: The new art style for the game is really, really cute. What prompted the new style?

Inafune: Believe it or not, what you're seeing on the PSP is what I originally intended Mega Man to look like. But as I was making the game for the NES, there were limitations on the hardware and the graphics, so he ended up looking how he looked in those games. Now that I have hardware that has far fewer limitations as far as the graphics, I can finally show the true Mega Man that I wanted to show.
Interesting indeed.

GameSpy: That sounds a bit like George Lucas and his special edition versions of Star Wars. After the new technology became available, he was able to go back and creating the vision that he originally intended.

Inafune: Well, I haven't changed any of the timing or the action elements of the game. It still feels almost one hundred percent like the old Mega Man that you've played down to the timing and the jumping. That's because a good game is a game that will not get old. If you go back and play and old Mario game or an old Mega Man game, it's still gonna "feel" fun. It's still gonna feel intuitive and natural. So there really was no reason to change the gameplay itself.
Sounds great.

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
Zeo said:
Ugh, just read that from 1Up. Could they have picked worse titles? Mega Man: Maverick Hunter X just sounds weird because they move the X. Ew.

/nitpick

You mean that you read that on GameSpy.

/nitpick :D

Top Bottom