• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockstar maybe bringing new improvements to GTA: Trilogy Definitive Edition

Draugoth

Gold Member
As per the tweet, Rockstar appear to be developing a new patch for Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition, according to recent activity on SteamDB - likely the new fixes and improvements from the mobile port.

This is actual real activity, not anything to do with Rockstar Games Launcher or changing encryption keys on Steam.

GDAEr0sWIAA0RBg

If they can fix and make San Andreas available for purchase separately I would definitely love an Xbox copy. No way I am installing the forsaken Rockstar Launcher or subscribing to GTA+ or Netflix for it on the other hand. They fucked up the other two entries too much to be worth purchasing altogether.

Roufianos

Maybe they found a way to make the laughable 'Quality Mode', which still barely looks like a PS3 game, run behind 30fps.

Yeah I doubt anything substantial, would be great if they redid the character models and actually made the modern shooting mechanics, modern, among a bunch of other things. But I don’t see that happening. Likely just minor fixes. The definitive editions are already out on mobile through Netflix and they look just as shitty.

Kerotan

If they can fix and make San Andreas available for purchase separately I would definitely love an Xbox copy. No way I am installing the forsaken Rockstar Launcher or subscribing to GTA+ or Netflix for it on the other hand. They fucked up the other two entries too much to be worth purchasing altogether.
Same. I platinumed GTA 3 and VC on PS4 recently I've no interest in buying this Trilogy. But San Andreas Seperately I will buy .

xrnzaaas

They should listen more to what their fans expect. It's not just this trilogy, launching RDR remaster with 30 fps only and thinking it's okay was a comical mistake.

makaveli60

The problem is that with even the mobile version this will still be not there. I mean that they don’t look that much better than the original games, while losing a lot of the identity. E.g. San Andreas original ps2 lighting is still the best. They should have used the GTA V engine to start with, including all of its mechanics. Not to mention the cut music. So I still think the best versions are the original releases.

Top Bottom