• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] Yakuza: Like a Dragon Collection coming to the Nintendo Switch 2 at launch

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I hope Nintendo fans boycott this and tell RGG studio to go fuck themselves.
88004fd4343a5e0b70c1d7cad5de8570.gif

Bry0

Last edited:

Thief1987

Well, not releasing games on nintendo consoles was Nagoshi's position. With him gone nothing is stopping them.

Last edited:

SEGA_2012

RGG studio always treated nintendo hardware with disdain. This collection is going to be just a cheap cash grab.

They need to SHUT UP and work more because their last 10/10 game was Yakuza Zero in 2015. After that it went downhill.
We had some really good stuff like Hokuto Ga Gotoku, Yakuza 6 and Yakuza Kiwami, but after that the only "collection" those fuckers released is a "collection" of MEDIOCRE games like Yakuza Like a Dragon, Yakuza Kiwami 2 (a huge disrespect to the great Yakuza 2) , VF5US, Super Monkey Ball Mania, the two Judgement games and the Ishin remake.

RGG studio, how i miss your greatness ! How i miss the time when you released the Fantastic Four of Masterpieces: Yakuza 3, Yakuza 4, Yakuza 5 and Binary Domain!

Please go back to your good times! We can't stand you anymore! The vision of Yakuza 8 and Infinite Wealth makes me want to cry! :lollipop_worried: :lollipop_confounded:

Thief1987

RGG studio always treated nintendo hardware with disdain. This collection is going to be just a cheap cash grab.

They need to SHUT UP and work more because their last 10/10 game was Yakuza Zero in 2015. After that it went downhill.
We had some really good stuff like Hokuto Ga Gotoku, Yakuza 6 and Yakuza Kiwami, but after that the only "collection" those fuckers released is a "collection" of MEDIOCRE games like Yakuza Like a Dragon, Yakuza Kiwami 2 (a huge disrespect to the great Yakuza 2) , VF5US, Super Monkey Ball Mania, the two Judgement games and the Ishin remake.

RGG studio, how i miss your greatness ! How i miss the time when you released the Fantastic Four of Masterpieces: Yakuza 3, Yakuza 4, Yakuza 5 and Binary Domain!

Please go back to your good times! We can't stand you anymore! The vision of Yakuza 8 and Infinite Wealth makes me want to cry! :lollipop_worried: :lollipop_confounded:
Both Judgments are excellent games lol. They are both better than your "Fantastic Four of Masterpieces". I agree that new direction of Yakuza is garbage, and I decided to drop this series after the last game. Still waiting new Judgment though.

StereoVsn

Judgment and Lost Judgment were pretty good. Like a Dragon was good, but a bit of a 1sr in new series so systems needed more work.

Comandr

Is this sarcasm? Inside joke? Am I just stupid? Y3, 4, 5 were like the weakest entries in the series.

Thief1987

Sega released a Yakuza 1+2 HD collection for Wii U so they are not totally against Nintendo in principal. Nintendo's consoles ever since have just been underpowered so likely weren't worth the effort to port the rest till now.
It wasn't about power. This collection sold so poorly that it was a natural embarrassment. That's why studio's leadership, and Nagoshi especially, was so much against releasing anything on nintendo platforms.

StereoVsn

It wasn't about power. This collection sold so poorly that it was a natural embarrassment. That's why studio's leadership, and Nagoshi especially, was so much against releasing anything on nintendo platforms.
Yep, sold under 5K copies total, so Sega was kind of pissed off.

MAtgS

Top Bottom