• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

rumour-age, AUS 360 delayed?

rod

Banned
ive been reading around some fairly formidable forums, and the word is that the aus 360 has been delayed. any insiders/knowledgables here hear about this? apparently it was delayed till march 23rd

rod

Banned
Himuro said:
Austraila still hasnt gotten 360? I thought 360 had a pal relaese...

europe, not aus or NZ yet. not that i care much, i have mine already, but fuck MS AU this "launch" is a joke if true.

Wollan

When I land in Melbourne feb 2nd I will be one of the few owners. :D
But sad for the rest of the gamers though. Hopefully they'll get Oblivion near launch or else I will have to import.

rod

Banned
xboxworld.com.au forums and xbox magazine AU forums. probably not true but u never know...will be sucky i know of lots of people that are hanging badly for the 360 that have stopped from importing because march 2nd wasnt so far away.

Well, that's not much of a delay considering we're not even classed as part of the world according to Microsoft. =D I saw a whole arse load of promo boxes at EB today, good to see Madden and Need for Speed Most Wanted with $129.95 price tags. What is this, 1993?

rod

Banned
Infernal Monkey said:
Well, that's not much of a delay considering we're not even classed as part of the world according to Microsoft. =D I saw a whole arse load of promo boxes at EB today, good to see Madden and Need for Speed Most Wanted with $129.95 price tags. What is this, 1993?

try games wizards. nfs mw and madden were 139 and 144 respectively. FUCKING JOKE

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Infernal Monkey said:

$144!? Get Real, Good too see MS games at $99 still but im sure that wont last long, $109 FTL

rod said:
try games wizards. nfs mw and madden were 139 and 144 respectively. FUCKING JOKE

Holy shit, I remember Super Mario All-Stars launching for around the $145 mark. =(
I wonder how Australia will react to this new-age raping. This current generation has really seen a big reduction in the price of new games (excluding GBA). Still expensive compared to America, but hey.

I write for PALGN (the biggest Aussie website at the moment I believe) and as far as I know the launch is still on for March 3rd. I'll ask around.

rod

Banned
DaMan121 said:
:lol 140? Get F*CK*D. Im concidering getting one at launch, but those game prices are ridiculous.

the ms 1st party games are 99 as far as i know. but the 3rd party games skyrocket

VOOK

Yeah but thats what? PGR3, Kameo and PDZ? All the Rest $129 and up

Have there been any reports of region free 360 games yet, like confirmed play on PAL 360's? If so, I imagine the likes of DVDCrave will stock American games for a fraction of the price.

And hell, just for fun;

Tony Hawk American Wasteland, GameCube. RRP - $49.95 AUD
Tony Hawk American Wasteland, Xbox 360. RRP - $129.95 AUD (possibly higher?)

DaMan121

rod said:
the ms 1st party games are 99 as far as i know. but the 3rd party games skyrocket

Well I am (was) getting PGR3 and deciding between PDZ and COD2.. No way Im paying over 100 bucks for that.. Yeah, importing.. Hopefully MS gets some 360s out in the next few months though.

Have there been any reports of region free 360 games yet, like confirmed play on PAL 360's? If so, I imagine the likes of DVDCrave will stock American games for a fraction of the price.

I doubt (heck id put my house on it) there are region free games (until boot disc / chip comes along).

And hell, just for fun;

Tony Hawk American Wasteland, GameCube. RRP - $49.95 AUD
Tony Hawk American Wasteland, Xbox 360. RRP - $129.95 AUD (possibly higher?)

But the NGC version doesnt have the next-gen visuals :p

dazzgc

Banned
Ive pre ordered my xbox 360 but microsoft can go eat a dick if they think i will pay over $100 for any game especially when you can get the import version ALOT cheaper i will either rent or wait for a mod and import $120+ for games is disgusting and for the current xbox 360 games that are out not justifiable imo

dazzgc said:
Ive pre ordered my xbox 360 but microsoft can go eat a dick if they think i will pay over $100 for any game especially when you can get the import version ALOT cheaper i will either rent or wait for a mod and import $120+ for games is disgusting and for the current xbox 360 games that are out not justifiable imo

So, do you guys not use periods in Austrailia?

Wollan

rod said:

That's great. Here in Norway the limits equal to 40a$(or 30us$).
You end paying toll on pretty much anything you import which sucks major, that's a change I will b happy to see when I move down under.

dazzgc

Banned
Asskicker064 said:
So, do you guys not use periods in Austrailia?
We do but when im in a rush to be honest i dont really care. Oh BTW it's Australia you might want to learn to spell before judging my posts. :D

Zaptruder

Banned
Hahaha.

The only way the X360 will succeed in australia is if they manage to crack it again.

Otherwise it's all downhill; higher game prices, marginal 1st gen upgrade in graphics, slow release... yeah, I don't see it happening.

byproduct

The Amiga Brotherhood
I can't belive they would delay it now - I have just started seeing Xbox advertising and competitions everywhere (today a competition was advertised on TV to win one, I saw posters in the window of Harvey Norman and pre-order boxes in EB) and everywhere in the advertising it is saying a specific date in March (March 2?).

DaMan121

Zaptruder said:
Hahaha.

The only way the X360 will succeed in australia is if they manage to crack it again.

Otherwise it's all downhill; higher game prices, marginal 1st gen upgrade in graphics, slow release... yeah, I don't see it happening.

Well its dissapointing as Australian gamers warmed to the orginal Xbox quite well, dont remember the vs ps2 figures, but it outsold it on more than a few occasions.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Yeah I saw EB pumping up their Xbox 360 stands right next to the entrance. The floor space for it is immense.

The girl behind the counter asked if I was interested in pre-ordering one when I bought a new WoW 2month card, told her I'd rather wait for PS3 at this current moment for my next-gen fix.

Vormund

DaMan121 said:
Well its dissapointing as Australian gamers warmed to the orginal Xbox quite well, dont remember the vs ps2 figures, but it outsold it on more than a few occasions.

I think Australian Xbox sales are the highest percentage wise in the world. Only a bit behind PS2 - or maybe slightly ahead...it's close anyhow.

That is, highest out of total console sales - not per head btw.

Stryder

Haven't heard anything about a delay, I'm an employee at a major retailer as well and was in today picking up my VIP pack, they hadn't heard anything about it either and I think they would be one of the first to know.

And also, the most expensive games are $119.95 and they are the EA ones, I don't think there are any more expensive.

Zaptruder

Banned
DaMan121 said:

The reason it did so well in Australia was because it was fully moddable console. Conversely, the GC which wasn't very moddable did completely crap this generation.

Mr_Moogle

Do they really expect people to pay $140 for an Xbox 360 game? Only the hardcore would be willing to shell out that kind of cash. Seriously, the PS3's release is inevitable and Nintendo will offer a much more affordable console. How does Microsoft expect to sell consoles with prices like these when they have two Japanese giants breathing down their necks?

BTW, I dont really think the Xbox's success in Australia had anything to do with it being moddable. Only a small portion of owners would even bother with that. After its shocking launch Microsoft went nuts with cheap bundles and the Xbox sales overtook the Gamecube and claimed a sizable share of Sony's market.

Nemesis_

Crave are already stocking some US and PAL version games. Many of which are actually region free and will work on a PAL console.

The GOOD games worth worrying about, not the Xbox 1.5 ports are pretty much standard / acceptable prices (Condemned, Kameo, Perfect Dark and PGR3).

DoA4 is also compatible with PAL consoles, (the US version, that is) so that's cool too.

Stryder

Tonche said:
THQ and Ubisoft are also $119.95 from the looks of things so Condemned is higher priced.
Quite possible, we only had placeholder prices for these games so that could be true.

ACE

People have bene getting calls from EB today saying it is delayed another 3 weeks to the 23rd

Worldwide launch my fucking ass

seanoff

oops

MS must really be struggling with their production.

AUS is not a big market, 60,000 consoles first up would be enough, if they can't do that good luck in the USA

westical

Banned
Zaptruder said:
The reason it did so well in Australia was because it was fully moddable console. Conversely, the GC which wasn't very moddable did completely crap this generation.

Uhh, no. A factor for sure, but a small one.

VOOK

And the fact that both the PS2 and Xbox are fully burnable in terms of games, thats why the Psone did gangbusters over here, no one had any proper games they would all go to bali and pick up 100 for 10 bucks or something the N64 could'nt compete with that.

Its not the only factor but its a majour with the cheap ass aussie casual gamers.

Bodom78

Those prices are absurd, I was looking forward to getting a 360 on launch here in Melbourne, but I never took note of the price of games assuming they would be the same. Think I'll wait till it either gets cracked or at least a 100% region free method is descovered.

I refuse to pay more then $100 for a game, and for that price it needs to be something quite amazing.

Stryder

It's been confirmed that EB stores have been calling customers with pre-orders to let them know that it's been pushed back to the 23rd of March. :(

I guess I'll find out for sure tonight when I go in to work.

Top Bottom