• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

emivita

Im Ready Its Time GIF by The Bachelor

For SH5, SH2 remake, Siren, MGS6, whatever it is.

KiNeMz

Banned
This is the test people. The beginning of the fun is now The last step to rid us of all the fake believers. The true stayers will push on and work together to unlock the first part of this elaborate puzzle. Get the hackers, the geologists, the anthropologists, the gynaecologists, the pimps, the rocket scientists, the mathematicians, the power lifters, the trans grifters, the F1 drivers, the muff divers. We need all the elite of their field in one place to figure this out. C'mon team real. Let the games begin.

paul feig look GIF

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Has Geoff said anything what so ever on this? I mean, since he and Kojima are such buddies, you'd think he would've spilled something?

dwish

Has Geoff said anything what so ever on this? I mean, since he and Kojima are such buddies, you'd think he would've spilled something?
I think he interviewed them and said he'd share pictures but then got awful silent. Also was asked about it during a stream and couldn't keep face when saying he knew nothing about it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I think he interviewed them and said he'd share pictures but then got awful silent. Also was asked about it during a stream and couldn't keep face when saying he knew nothing about it.
Fucking confirmed then.

Yoshichan

Fucking confirmed then.

I stay by my theory, the newest Kojima tweet proofs it. The release was planned from the very beginning on August 12, the anniversary of the release from PT, but.since it would have been to obvious to announce it for August 12, they announced it for August 10th. Kojima made the shortest trailer ever as mentioned in another tweet and everything went according to plan.

If Hasan was really real he got the app up worldwide including patches, so there is a low chance that he made a mistake which lead to the problems. And a PSN problem is also unlikely. Team Fake can say what they want but that is the most reasonable explanation what happened. Also if there were really technical issues it would have been fixed by now easily.

bitbydeath

I stay by my theory, the newest Kojima tweet proofs it. The release was planned from the very beginning on August 12, the anniversary of the release from PT, but.since it would have been to obvious to announce it for August 12, they announced it for August 10th. Kojima made the shortest trailer ever as mentioned in another tweet and everything went according to plan.

If Hasan was really real he got the app up worldwide including patches, so there is a low chance that he made a mistake which lead to the problems. And a PSN problem is also unlikely. Team Fake can say what they want but that is the most reasonable explanation what happened. Also if there were really technical issues it would have been fixed by now easily.
Yeah, patches don’t get delayed at the 11th hour, they’re fully tested well in advance. It was 100% planned.

Never, ever underestimate technical incompetence.

Tomeru

I mean Team fake Never wondered why we only saw 2 videos of Hasan? Because he is probably hard to come by, whoever he is. I would imagine we would have seen a lot more of him (and not always in Front of a Wall) if he would be a real developer.

Spank_Magnet

The Male Lewinsky
Yea, like adding Snake's shadow, breath and groan to the Death Stranding DC teaser...

"Technical incompetence"

"Coincidence"

IMHO.
The shadow is Norm’s as he stands up straight.
The grunts sound like Norm.
The “breath” doesn’t just come from the position indicated. There are others coming from that side of the screen in different positions in several shots. They look like ambient particles rather than breath fx.

Doczu

Yea, like adding Snake's shadow, breath and groan to the Death Stranding DC teaser...

"Technical incompetence"

"Coincidence"

Holy fuck, the breath and shadow is a bit forced but the groan is on point. Is it also in thr original trailer? Not from this channel?

8BiTw0LF

Banned
The shadow is Norm’s as he stands up straight.
The grunts sound like Norm.
Maybe, but the air vent is broken up and listen to the music - it's heavily Metal Gear influenced.

The “breath” doesn’t just come from the position indicated. There are others coming from that side of the screen in different positions in several shots. They look like ambient particles rather than breath fx.
Nope! Those two breaths are the only ones coming from the left side and from the middle of the hall. There is one last breath from the right when Reedus has put down the box - this could also be Snake.

Hugare

Now I remembered that the first trailer was announced on Playstation Youtube channel

So Sony is involved for sure

Plus, they are probably delaying it to release the trailer tomorrow on P.T.s anniversary

Releasing it on the 12th would have been too obvious

Im back on Team Real. What a rollercoaster.

Spank_Magnet

The Male Lewinsky
Now I remembered that the first trailer was announced on Playstation Youtube channel

So Sony is involved for sure

Plus, they are probably delaying it to release the trailer tomorrow on P.T.s anniversary

Releasing it on the 12th would have been too obvious

Im back on Team Real. What a rollercoaster.
There are loads of Indy trailers on that channel. Are Sony “involved” with all of them?
Surely if the intention was to release on the 12th they wouldn’t have said “definitely the 10th” and ten minutes prior “are you ready?” Then claimed tech problems.
If this is an ARG then whoever running it is doing a really bad job. It’s not intriguing, engaging or interesting.

Papacheeks

Banned
Also they promised this would be ready on the tenth, they can go fuck themselves if they think “nah, its actually the 12th” is gonna fly. I cant stand liars, bullshitters, and con artists

The thing is I don't think they are con-artists. At this point 2 things are possibly happening:

1. This whole ruse was one big tease/campaign for Sony's big event where they will show in some capacity new Porjects(Silent Hill, Metal Gear, kojima collab), so Hassan who is somehow connected is doing all this weird teasing, and advertisement/Engagement for said event that from what we know was suppose to be July/August but because of Call of duty being delayed couldn't.

2. Second thing, IT COULD BE just Hassan using trolls, teasing for IP's that were rumored over 2 years ago of having some traction in either remakes/reboots through different means to propel his indie game/project.

But The fact he is associated in some capacity to PlayStation, and in a way being referenced/teased to be connected to Kojima makes me believe that SOny would have shut this non-sense down if they were not behind it. Reason is this would damage Sony's rep in letting mis-information go wild over a long period of time.

The fact Kojima's name has been brought up for months, and retweets have happened says that there's some kind of collab going on. Because if it was all just some asshole using Playstation/Kojima to propel his project you would have tweets going out or letters of cease and desists happening.
The taking down of the app after it was suppose to launch, and having it still be on the store says this is all one big marketing scheme for some kind of event or reveal.

ANd for those asking why its gone on for so long, look at how E3 panned out this summer? How do you keep people talking when you have no event/show for people to talk about and review? You have someone drum up excitment over tweets that are obscure that are intended to be ripped apart/ disected to drum up social trending.
This stuff has drummed up more excitement more talk than anything Nintendo/XBox has done so far this summer. And I mean that purely in a trending environment where popular youtubers like spawn wave, sacred symbols, david jaffe, MBG, Rand al thor, and many others are talking about this tweeting, and making videos.
If it all pans out to nothing, Sony will have to do some damage control and honestly thats not a good look. I highly doubt with how Sony has done ad-campaigns and been super sneaky in revealing/teasing PS5 stuff that they would allow this Alex Jones type of conspiracy to go to the depths it has without intervening and shutting down the rhetoric.

People I trust and in the know, are so far on the money, and Come closer to the end of August if we dont hear any rumors, rumblings then I think at that point Sony is going to have to say something to clear the air. But fingers and evidence point to a big PSX style show happening this year, along with all the smaller SOP's throughout summer.

Last edited:

Hugare

There are loads of Indy trailers on that channel. Are Sony “involved” with all of them?
Surely if the intention was to release on the 12th they wouldn’t have said “definitely the 10th” and ten minutes prior “are you ready?” Then claimed tech problems.
If this is an ARG then whoever running it is doing a really bad job. It’s not intriguing, engaging or interesting.
"Not intriguing or engaging", said the guy on a 9k+ posts thread

Again, on the 12th it would have been obvious. So the delay still makes sense, imo.

Alebrije

Is real....because Sony is radio silent and wont let and indie developer like BBG do what they did yesterday without consequences.

Is real because Konami also has been quiet.

My doubt is Kojima being involved, He easily couls say I am not involved on anything related to SH or Konami IP but why he has not?

Team real that is a Konami IP developed by Sony and maybe on collaboration with Kojima.

Hassam is just part of the show.

Spank_Magnet

The Male Lewinsky
"Not intriguing or engaging", said the guy on a 9k+ posts thread

Again, on the 12th it would have been obvious. So the delay still makes sense, imo.
The actual content of what’s gone on is neither of those things. It’s frustrating and nonsensical. There is no trail, no story, just vague guesses and the like. Random things that have nothing to do with it get pulled in E.g. MGS, Castlevania etc.
It’s not a single thread. It’s lots of wild guesses, reaches and outright lies.
This thread is more about the reaction to what’s gone on rather than what has actually gone on.

Hugare

The actual content of what’s gone on is neither of those things. It’s frustrating and nonsensical. There is no trail, no story, just vague guesses and the like. Random things that have nothing to do with it get pulled in E.g. MGS, Castlevania etc.
This thread is more about the reaction to what’s gone on rather than what has actually gone on.
Same thing hapened with Phantom Pain back then (even with more clues)

Even worse hapened with P.T.

People only found out about Kojima and etc. when the trailer got discovered at the end of the demo.

There was no clue, only wild guesses

tmlDan

There is a trail you're just not reading it all or dismissing it because you want to.

Also, stop being frustrated about something that doesn't affect your life, just go with the flow and enjoy the ride this shit is so fun.

Top Bottom