• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sandland - Gameplay Overview Trailer Releases

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Man… I like the idea of this game, I want it to be good, but the gameplay looks so bland. Every piece of vehicular combat I’ve seen is just circle strafing around the enemy and chipping away at their health.

Bombolone

Gold Member
Art Style is beautiful as always.
Trailer was nice. I enjoyed the music. Who is doing the music?
Gameplay does look a little basic. I wish these worlds/creations had a little more umpf to them game design wise.
They don't serve the World justice, I think. Something to compliment the colourful, vibrant, engaging journey I'm going through.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Hope it's good, I love what they show. But Idk why Toriyama stuff always look so much alike visually, they can be more distinct. Watching Samurai Jack it's instantly distinct from Primal or whatever else. The vehicles, characters and settings here you could easily see as being in the Dragon Ball world.
Man… I like the idea of this game, I want it to be good, but the gameplay looks so bland. Every piece of vehicular combat I’ve seen is just circle strafing around the enemy and chipping away at their health.
That's what MechWarrior looks like too at its core and it's ace with variety, action and tactics based on your builds and enemies. Anyway, they showed that the unique vehicle skills are used differently, like hopping up as they pass below and you slam into them. Decent customization and stuff also.

Plus very different on foot combat as well, having both already makes it more varied than most games (but hey you just hit them with skills and attacks until they die or heal somewhere inbetween huh, every game ever is sooo repetitive and plain and dumb when deconstructed to the bare basics).

Last edited:

Fbh

The gameplay looks ok, specially the vehicles.

But I'm afraid a lot of the game is just going to be fetch quests and "go to the way point, kill everyone, come back" type of quests.
I hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I heard Sandland is one of the one shot manga made by Akira Toriyama......I usually skeptical with games based on licence anime/manga. Just because the anime/manga is good doesn't mean it would be good as a video game.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Fbh
Top Bottom