• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SciFi channel just reaired the best episode of Quantum Leap ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManaByte

They aired the two-hour Lee Harvey Oswald episode where Sam leaps into Oswald and at the last minute leaps out into a Secret Service agent to save Jackie who originally was going to be killed as well. That's probably the best episode of the series ever. Sam devastated that he couldn't save Kennedy and Al telling him that he was meant to save her. Awesome ending.

That was the fifth season premiere and that season had some awesome leaps like where he leaped in Elvis, Marylin Monroe's chauffeur, and his own great grandfather.

They need to bring this series back now that Enterprise is dead.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
I just noticed that ten minutes passed since you made this thread and it didn't get one view. So I felt sorry for you. I don't even know what Quantum Leap is, btw.

ManaByte

demon said:
I don't even know what Quantum Leap is, btw.

what3ws.gif

Ikse

Although Season 5 had a fair few great eps, season 4 will forever stand atop as the finest hours of QL :)

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
While that episode was good I still liked the two-part episode where Sam lept into himself and then in the second part when he lept into a guy in his brother's platoon.

Ikse

Season 1 is pretty weak when going back to it. Episodes like Color of Truth and Camikazi Kid still stand the test of time, and are very solid and enjoyable episodes even when watching them now - but they're placed into a pretty forgetful and albeit short season.

However, QL became special when Sam and Al clicked with their chemistry, something that didnt happen until the second season finale - M.I.A . From there onwards, it was always on the up.

Without a doubt my personal favourite tv show of all time. :)

number386

Ikse said:
Season 1 is pretty weak when going back to it. Episodes like Color of Truth and Camikazi Kid still stand the test of time, and are very solid and enjoyable episodes even when watching them now - but they're placed into a pretty forgetful and albeit short season.

However, QL became special when Sam and Al clicked with their chemistry, something that didnt happen until the second season finale - M.I.A . From there onwards, it was always on the up.

Without a doubt my personal favourite tv show of all time. :)

Yeah but that's pretty much standard, the first seasons on mosts shows are usually the weakest. There still defining characters,relationships, story etc... Still great in my book.

QL is one of my favorite shows all time. Use to love watching it each week, and it had such a fun premise. I feel sad for anyone who missed this show. "Oh boy..."

ManaByte said:
They need to bring this series back now that Enterprise is dead.
Isn't SciFi Channel trying a movie/pilot for a followup show? Though last I heard Bakula wasn't planned to have a major role... of course, he was a bit tied up previously.

ShadowRed

Banned
LakeEarth said:
"The end... oh wait, we forgot to wrap it up! Sam never got home. That God, such a practical joker!

The ... End...."

How do you mean they forgot to wrap it up? It looked pretty much wrapped up from where I was sitting. Just because they didn't spell it out for you doesn't mean the rest of us didn't get it.

Red Scarlet

I must've missed the earlier episodes today, I watched the one where he was a Vietnam vet with no feet, then that killer guy from the 50's, then the old guy who saw ufo's today.

I never saw the last episode of this show. :(

Do they always show a bunch of them on SciFi on Fridays? I never really watch the channel.

Vicious

I used to watch QL a lot when I was younger, and I'll catch an episode every once in a while on Sci-Fi, but I never saw the finale. Could someone elaborate a little bit on what happened? You can use spoiler tags just in case.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Vicious said:
I used to watch QL a lot when I was younger, and I'll catch an episode every once in a while on Sci-Fi, but I never saw the finale. Could someone elaborate a little bit on what happened? You can use spoiler tags just in case.
From what I remember,
Sam leaps into a bar where he meets the people of a mining town but they're all people from previous leaps. The bartender turns out to be God and gives Sam the option of returning to his time or continue leaping and helping others. Sam decides to continue helping others but first he asks to make one leap before continuing. Sam leaps back to speak with Al's ex-wife (the one who remarried while he was a POW) and tells her that he's alive and will come home some day. It then shows present time where Al is still with that wife and is very happy while he still helps Sam from leap to leap. Sam never leaps back home.

Fuzzy said:
From what I remember,
Sam leaps into a bar where he meets the people of a mining town but they're all people from previous leaps. The bartender turns out to be God and gives Sam the option of returning to his time or continue leaping and helping others. Sam decides to continue helping others but first he asks to make one leap before continuing. Sam leaps back to speak with Al's ex-wife (the one who remarried while he was a POW) and tells her that he's alive and will come home some day. It then shows present time where Al is still with that wife and is very happy while he still helps Sam from leap to leap. Sam never leaps back home.
About "giving Sam the option", God/bartender Al moreso said it had always been up to him, but that even though Sam seemed to want to quit leaping, deep down (subconsciously?) he knew that the difference he was able to make was too important.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I think sam knew what was going to happen to him by the end of that episode. I think it was pretty obvious the old man he saw leap out durring the episode was himself at a later time

.hacked

wasn't there a new QL series in the works a few years back, something about Sam's granddaughter?

Anyway one of my fav eps was the one with the evil Leaper, if god can help why can't the other guy do it too.

trilobyte

.hacked said:
wasn't there a new QL series in the works a few years back, something about Sam's granddaughter?

Anyway one of my fav eps was the one with the evil Leaper, if god can help why can't the other guy do it too.

Well in a series of eps in the last season (i think it was the last one), Sam follows the life of this one woman who later bares his child. She (the kid) would later work on getting Sam back...and the new show was or is supposed to follow that.

ManaByte

.hacked said:

The new series is Sam's daughter who starts leaping to find Sam and Al helps her.

At the end of the series, Sam is leaping as himself and not into people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom