• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scorsese announces (again) that SILENCE will be his next film.

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.deadline.com/2013/01/mar...-pacino-pesci-but-silence-is-martys-next-pic/

Also table-reading actors for THE IRISHMAN.

For my part, Martin Scorsese can’t make enough movies. But he’s trying. Scorsese, who is completing The Wolf Of Wall Street with Leonardo DiCaprio, just held a reading of Steve Zaillian’s script at the Tribeca Film Center for The Irishman, the mob drama based on the Charles Brandt book I Heard You Paint Houses. The film is about mob hit man Frank Sheeran. Robert De Niro, who’ll play the lead character, was there, as was Al Pacino and Joe Pesci, also expected to take part. Project is set up at Paramount, but several financiers were there looking to invest.

I’m told by Scorsese’s camp that this is something Scorsese likes to do to make sure the picture is making proper progress. But they assure me he’s not making The Irishman next. Scorsese’s holding fast to his dream of making Silence the next film he directs. Scorsese, who almost had the Shusaku Endo book project together several times, is auditioning actors and is looking to start production on the film in mid-2014. Given De Niro’s resurgence in Silver Linings Playbook, how can we wait that long to see the actor get back in business with Scorsese?

Blader

I'd rather The Irishman be up next, but I don't mind Silence.

I wonder whatever happened to that Taxi Driver/Five Obstructions movie he was planning to make with von Trier?

Blader

Scorsese reaffirms plans that Silence will actually be his next film, with The Irishman (which he describes as a "small chamber play") to follow that:

Scorsese is currently heading the jury at the Marrakech International Film Festival, and while chatting with Moviezine, he revealed that "The Irishman" is indeed coming... It's just not next. "First, I'll make 'Silence.' It's a project I've wanted to do for many years, but it's only now I've gotten together the budget. 'The Irishman' comes after 'Silence,' " he said (apologies for rough Google Translate). And even more, that baller cast that was rumored to include Al Pacino and Joe Pesci? He still wants 'em.

"It is a perfect role for Bobby and hopefully we also get with Joe Pesci and Al Pacino. But that's a minor film, almost a chamber play," Scorsese also said, and we have to say that description makes even more curious about the material, that almost seems like it would be completely the opposite.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayl...hman-says-it-will-come-after-silence-20131202

Yeah I just read that. I believe Silence will indeed be his next film. I don't believe The Irishman will follow just yet.

I'm still pissed that he's traded Benicio and DDL in Silence for Andrew Garfield and Ken Watanabe.

Talk about a downgrade of epic proportions.

Addi

Yeah I just read that. I believe Silence will indeed be his next film. I don't believe The Irishman will follow just yet.

I'm still pissed that he's traded Benicio and DDL in Silence for Andrew Garfield and Ken Watanabe.

Talk about a downgrade of epic proportions.

Well Benicio and DDL were supposed to be two other characters and have not been recast yet, Garfield replaced Bernal. I understand what you mean though, having read the book, DDL would have been perfect for that role.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom