• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Searching for Switch indies with plot twists: suggestion thread 🌟

Hi guys, I'm relatively new to this board, so I dunno how asking for game suggestions work, I opened a thread for this

So, I recently got some hype for plot twists, thanks to the long Reach, Katana zero, and mindfucks by Kojima / Death Stranding, so... Which indie could I buy on switch with this particular feature?

Games with a plot that blast your brain, like the aforementioned Katana Zero and TLR, and iirc I played a game like the long reach too, loved it

Games where you are the big bad all along, where you experience an adventure and it reveals to be a dream, you have allucinations and such

Genre? Preferably 2d side scrolling, action, adventure, and platforms metroidvania type

Last edited:

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Not sure that's what OP is searching for, but Metropolis: Lux Obscura is an indie visual novel (comic-book-style) with multiple endings (namely 4), and while some of those are somewhat predictable, others are quite unexpected.

Not sure that's what OP is searching for, but Metropolis: Lux Obscura is an indie visual novel (comic-book-style) with multiple endings (namely 4), and while some of those are somewhat predictable, others are quite unexpected.

I'm a great fan of visual novels ( devoured stuff like Hotel Dusk, and its sequel Last Window, for example, and many other games like this) so is definitely a great suggestion, Thank you!

Good about the endings, I'm searching for games with plots who blow minds, twists, unexpected things so it's right

SweetShark

Aren't nearly all the games have a some kind of plot twist anyway? Games with story I mean.

Anyway, I highly suggest to play ICEY!!!!
Please go blind as much as possible.

LaZpub0.jpg

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
TimeSpinner

The game starts out with a cool sci-fi, alternate timelines plot. But about halfway through the plot changes into a game about pushing LGBT agendas.

Ugh, this one hits too close to home.

I still remember what the sci-fi genre was like before it just became a medium for various sad fetishists to imagine a world in which androgynous blobs of sex changes with multicolor, half-shaved heads are everywhere, and yet still truly brave and rebellious and fighting some kind of authority or something.

Bill Shatner for President 2020: Make Sci-Fi Macho Again

Saber

Gold Member
TimeSpinner

The game starts out with a cool sci-fi, alternate timelines plot. But about halfway through the plot changes into a game about pushing LGBT agendas.

Really? Thats sad to hear, I was gradually gettin interest on it.

Could you say more about it? Does it have to do with the main character?
And don't worry, I don't mind spoilers at all.

Vawn

Banned
Really? Thats sad to hear, I was gradually gettin interest on it.

Could you say more about it? Does it have to do with the main character?
And don't worry, I don't mind spoilers at all.

I think every single character may be gay or bi. They have sidequests about hooking up same sex couples.

Your main character who is bi (yes, it comes up in conversation a lot) has her love interest which is a male-to-female transvestite who is now a lesbian.

Saber

Gold Member
I think every single character may be gay or bi. They have sidequests about hooking up same sex couples.

Your main character who is bi (yes, it comes up in conversation a lot) has her love interest which is a male-to-female transvestite who is now a lesbian.

Does it forces you? Does it acts like Resetera with rude remarks about sexuality or about straights? Does it throws those matters on your throat?

ROMhack

It's 2019. We're all gay or bi now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom