• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seasonal Cutscenes for Halo Infinite have been cut

Umbasaborne

Banned
Lmfao, remember when halo was good? Halo 1-4 are legitimatley great. It’s a shame that 343’s incompetence killed this franchise. At least we will always have the master chief collection

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
giphy.gif

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Lmfao, remember when halo was good? Halo 1-4 are legitimatley great. It’s a shame that 343’s incompetence killed this franchise. At least we will always have the master chief collection

No because people have gaslighted me so much in telling me that infinite is GOTY and the best Halo has ever been on this forum.

diffusionx

Gold Member
No doubt MS cut the budget of this franchise to the bone and told them to get their shit together before they start thinking about another major investment. Halo isn't a major priority for them anymore, nor should it be. 343 destroyed the franchise.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Reducing or cutting out cinematics is the first thing every company should look into. Sink that budget into hiring coders to improve gameplay. Or just bank the savings.

Every game company seems to bring up sky high budgets. Well, stop hiring endless graphics artists and CGI programmers to do cinematics.

Catphish

They sure did a number on conditioning the masses of Nu gamers. They were right when those psychological papers leaked from EA and the like several years ago. That they had to dig their feet in and take short term bad press and criticisms from us gaming dinosaurs, that eventually you keep pushing something in attractive packages, the populace would eventually fall in line. Especially if you condition the new generation of gamers to grow up with that, who never experienced how gaming was prior.
As depressing as it is true. :(

Codes 208

Against better judgement i updated infinite to try the new infection mode, but, on steam, i had to uninstall the campaign just to keep the game from crashing.

343i cant even update their game properly.

ZehDon

Gold Member
Er... you won't find many who think Halo 4 is "great". Having replayed them all in order for Halo Infinite, you can feel the step down as soon as you start playing 4, and everything gets worse after that.

Codes 208

Er... you won't find many who think Halo 4 is "great". Having replayed them all in order for Halo Infinite, you can feel the step down as soon as you start playing 4, and everything gets worse after that.
The multiplayer was a cod clone (but tbf it did have some admittedly fun maps like haven) and the campaign was fine. Its actually quite the shame that 343i swept everything about it under the rug to bring cortana back in 5

…just to sweep her under the rug in time for infinite.

Last edited:

ZehDon

Gold Member
The multiplayer was a cod clone (but tbf it did have some admittedly fun maps like haven) and the campaign was fine. Its actually quite the shame that 343i swept everything about it under the rug to bring cortana back in 5

…just to sweep her under the rug in time for infinite.
The multiplayer was pretty awful - light pistol meta was trash - and the campaigns plays terribly thanks to 343s design mistakes. It did try to tell a good story, though - and Chief and Cortana's goodbye is still my favourite moment in the entire Halo universe. But yeah - Halo 5's writer was fired for a reason, and Infinite tried to undo it in a pretty not-smart way.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
They sure did a number on conditioning the masses of Nu gamers. They were right when those psychological papers leaked from EA and the like several years ago. That they had to dig their feet in and take short term bad press and criticisms from us gaming dinosaurs, that eventually you keep pushing something in attractive packages, the populace would eventually fall in line. Especially if you condition the new generation of gamers to grow up with that, who never experienced how gaming was prior.
Barack Obama Mic Drop GIF by Julie Winegard
Parks And Recreation Mic Drop GIF

who cares about the story? the Leveldesign was ass, the enemy behaviour was annoying as hell, the final boss was a QTE, and the Multiplayer was trying to be call of duty.
I agree with this take on Halo 4, which is why I don’t understand how anyone would say Infinite was worse:
Halo Infinite is probably the worst Halo game campaign wise. It's just so shallow. Soulless.
The only bad part about Infinite’s campaign IMO were the boss fights(especially on harder difficulties), because most of them were confined to tiny open rooms which is anti-Halo design.

Other than that, I’ve had way more memorable moments within the world design, enemy encounters, and the toolkit you’re given in Infinite, than I had playing the entirety of 4.

I used to love Halo, I even (still) have the helmet and statue editions of 3 and Reach, but ever since 343 got their hands on the franchise the whole thing has gone to shit.

MCC is the only thing I'm even remotely interested in playing nowadays.

10 year plan my ass...

FireFly

Them chopping the 10 year plan slowly.
The rumours and staffing changes indicate that the 10 year plan has been abandoned and 343 will work on the multiplayer side of Infinite while future SP content will come from other studios working with 343.

Top Bottom