• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega’s ‘Altered Beast,’ ‘Streets of Rage’ Games to Be Adapted for Film, TV

amardilo

I'd love a Streets of Rage movie.

But I kind of want the film to be set in the late 80s or early 90s in a rundown lawless city like those in action films of the time.

Also the music needs to be similar to the games too.

I'd love a Streets of Rage movie.

But I kind of want the film to be set in the late 80s or early 90s in a rundown lawless city like those in action films of the time.

Also the music needs to be similar to the games too.

Only just heard this but omg so much hype.....

SoR is arguably my favourite 'nothing else to do' time filler. The intro music gets me every time.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Are they gonna reference the fact that the arcade version of Altered Beast revealed everything to be just a show?

Honestly I always thought it'd be awesome for SEGA to reference that if they ever included Altered Beast in one of their mascot crossover games, like have the Centurion act like an over-the-top goofy actor and mug for the camera the whole time.

CamHostage

Are they gonna reference the fact that the arcade version of Altered Beast revealed everything to be just a show?

Oooh, maybe that's our answer to "Why now?!?" with Altered Beast; they want to capitalize on all that Westworld metastory buzz...

original.gif

http://www.avclub.com/article/after-deadly-serious-quest-altered-beasts-ending-l-238898

manakel

WHAT?! How did I miss this news? I remember being a kid and desperately wanting a SoR movie.

Hopefully this pushes them to finally make a Streets of Rage 4 (a la Sonic Mania)

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Golden Axe already is on the drawing table, as is Shinobi and Crazy Taxi and Virtua Fighter and another House of the Dead and Rent-a-Hero and everything but Floigan Bros.

yeah just went and read the whole article maaaan im loving this freaking shinobi and golden axe tv shows what a time to be alive i would also do dark things for a jet set radio cartoon

JZA

Could be amazing if the right people were involved. Streets of Rage by the guys who did the Raid movies would be an example of this.

CamHostage

yeah just went and read the whole article maaaan im loving this freaking shinobi and golden axe tv shows what a time to be alive i would also do dark things for a jet set radio cartoon

I mean, don't count your penguins before they hatch to be TriIcelon racers ... all of these SEGA projects could very well languish in development hell forever. But SEGA's entertainment studio subsidiary Stories is established primarily to bring these franchises to a screen somehow somewhere, so hopefully something good will come out of this.

I want a balls crazy adaptation of Streets of Rage, you have to keep the pure insanity of the games, I want the cops fighting a Freddy clone and a Dude with a boomerang. I want the cops throwing down Napalm in the middle of the road. I want a fight between Blaze and the twins. I want Cyborgs, and Tyrus playing Max. I want it all.

If not, don't bother.

But what time period?
An alternate version of the 80s-90s world (and visual style) of Kung Fury
5hbs.jpeg

giphy.gif

Kung-Fury-Army-Fight.gif

Top Bottom