• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega Soccer Slam

Hellraizah

How good is it ?

I'm thinking about ordering a copy, but I wanna know your opinions on it before.

Also, which version is the best, GC or Xbox ?

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
I don't know which version better (I have the GC version), but I love the game. It's extremely fast paced, easy to pick up, and has awesome multiplayer. The character designs are a little... wacky but other than that I love the game.

FYI Mario Strikers is made by the same team. I didn't know that at first, so the first time I played it, I thought "Woah, this is exactly like Soccer Slam except with Mario characters". I didn't know how fitting that was until a couple hours later.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Hellraizah said:
The 15$ price tag and SEGA logo on the box makes my heart pumps...
If brand new or doesn't have any "toe salsa" on the disc, definetly pick it up.

The Xbox version has a lot more added to it. So does the PS2 version.

The game kicked ass and played the hell out of it. Not sure how far I got into it but its the only soccer game I actually liked.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Bartman3010 said:
Not that much of a difference in my opinion.

are you joking? much less content and bad loading on gc?

I almost bought this the other day, I had no idea their was such a difference. thanks.

Hellraizah

I just ordered the Xbox version. More stuff in it than GC version = the one to get. Plus, it's in 480p, dunno about the GC version.

It's a really fun game, but it gets old when you score 30+ goals a game. Like it has already been said, once you learn the tricks it's a bit to easy, but it's fun as hell while it lasts.

Teddman

Awesome fun with a friend or two in the co-op quest mode. This is one of my favorite Cube games, and I'm looking forward to Mario Strikers--is it really made by Big Black Box?

I played the original GC version, which had great controls. I'd guess that the Xbox/PS2 versions don't control as well, but the extra content is probably worth it.

Sheik790

Idunno, I enjoy getting so many goals. It's fun just to see how much I can slaughter the comptetition. Anyone who doesnt own this should pick it up on the cheap!

I cant get any of my friends to play it anymore though

FightyF

Banned
I hope you guys do realize that the goalies do get tired and allow more goals as a result? They regain their stamina somewhat, but if you keep on the pressure they'll allow many goals. I wouldn't consider it bad AI...just something they need to tweak to keep the challange high. Unless there are some money goals that I'm not aware of...

Top Bottom