• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seinfeld heading to Netflix in 2021

J-Roderton

As part of a deal with Sony Pictures Television, which controls distribution of the iconic TV show, Netflix will offer all 180 episodes of “Seinfeld” in the U.S. and to its 151 million subscribers throughout the world when the five-year pact takes effect in 2021, the companies announced Monday.

“‘Seinfeld’ is a one-of-a-kind, iconic, culture-defining show,” Sony Pictures Television Chairman Mike Hopkins said in a statement to The Times. “Now, 30 years after its premiere, ‘Seinfeld’ remains center stage. We’re thrilled to be partnering with Netflix to bring this beloved series to current fans and new audiences around the globe.”

Seinfeld has been one of the only reasons I've had Hulu in the past. Hmm.

Netflix is already the streaming home for Seinfeld’s current series, “Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee,” and his stand-up comedy specials. The relationship was not a determining factor in “Seinfeld” going to the service, sources said.

Riiiiiiiight.

LINK

Tesseract

Banned
Only funny part from the show was the Elaine dance. Meh.
giphy.gif

#Phonepunk#

Banned
George is life. "WE LIVE IN A SOCIETY!" the frustrations that man embodies are timeless. if Seinfeld is a Greek tragedy George is the pitiful everyman.

"The Opposite" might be the series peak.

Nymphae

Banned
I think my favourite line from the entire series is when Morty thinks the doctor stole his wallet, and he goes into the hallway screaming "MY WALLETS GONE! MY WALLETS GONE!"

That guy just cracks me up, really reminds me of some of my family members.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
George is life. "WE LIVE IN A SOCIETY!" the frustrations that man embodies are timeless. if Seinfeld is a Greek tragedy George is the pitiful everyman.

It's funny though, because they really are terrible people. They are not interested in "living in a society", despite George's proclamation lol. The final episode was perfect I think, them finally getting their comeuppance for years of anti-social and narcissistic behaviour. I really didn't love it at the time, but I've grown to believe it was one of the more genius things they ever came up with. I can't imagine it ending any other way now. Pure Larry David episode too (he came back for that one to write it), everything coming back to bite the main characters in the ass.

Last edited:

jts

...hate me...
I got it on Amazon Prime, just did a full rewatch in the past year. One of the GOATs.

Puddy is the funniest character yeah that’s right.

Top Bottom