• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senua's Sage: Hellblade 2 Debuts at 23rd in Xbox's "Most Played Games" Rankings; 6th Most Played Game Pass

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Returnal is considered AAA by the studio. Studio was as small or smaller than Ninja Theory at the time.

One of the weirdest goal posts moves I've ever seen about HB2 is that it isnt AAA.

Woah, I never knew returnal was considered AAA. I love that game. Adore it but it still feels like an awesome AA game or indy game to me.

Mr Moose

astro bot a high profile game? lmao stop. its a ghetto demo to show off the dual sense features.
JkQA7Rn4CILGT57By66eP1D4.png

It’s a niche walking simulator about a mentally ill person with delusions that took around 7 years to make and has nothing to show for it other than visuals. Time and time again proves that visuals after a certain point just don’t matter anymore.

Topher

Gold Member
It's funny how every time a xbox exclusive game comes out these type of threads are generated. I wonder why?

You mean exactly like other first party games such as Returnal last year....

Schmendrick

Better than expected for such a niche title.

"Play as an insane woman. It´s almost on rails with very little actual gameplay..... but it looks good"

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
The rankings don't make sense.

Why is Dibalo 4 above it on the full list but below it on the gamepass list?

Edit: same with Forza horizon.

Only thing I can think of it those games are boosted by actual sales whereas Game Pass rankings only account for games played via Game Pass. Not real sure to be honest.

Fredrik

I actually bought the game. What a horrendous marketing campaign they gave it. All they had to do was show combat scenes over and over.
Yeah what’s the deal? The combat and graphics almost makes up for the snoozefest walks and boring puzzles. I don’t care that it’s sometimes automated, the combat is pure adrenaline, wild, brutal, immersive, gory, awesome, I love it! I haven’t finished it yet but I think I’m getting close and that makes me sad.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Returnal is considered AAA by the studio. Studio was as small or smaller than Ninja Theory at the time.

One of the weirdest goal posts moves I've ever seen about HB2 is that it isnt AAA.

But also, "AAA" is just marketing fluff used to sell product.

Eiknarf

Banjo64

cumsessed
Maybe if MS stopped fucking up so badly we wouldn’t have these types of threads. Its a running joke how they continue to drop the ball with their games how much their loyalists are willing to lap up and ignore rather than push them to do better
They’ll never do better. Microsoft just isn’t an environment for creatives, never has and never will be.

Gears and Halo were bought and paid for, developed by external passionate teams in Epic and Bungie.

Imagine if you’re at the top of your game and trying to create your life’s work - you really want to do it for Microsoft?

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Woah, I never knew returnal was considered AAA. I love that game. Adore it but it still feels like an awesome AA game or indy game to me.

Yeah, funny thing is some users on forums trying to define it themselves called it Recore but with neon colors.

DaGwaphics

@ Topher Topher , single player games rarely crack the top 10, that would be an unusually high expectation. I think Hogwarts peaked at like 16 or something like that, for reference.

Top Bottom