• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Serious Sam Collection Dropping on Nintendo Switch, PS4 and Xbox One Nov 17th

Jooxed

Gold Member

Experience one of the most explosive shooter game series of all time as you save the world from a merciless alien invasion. Visit the ruins of ancient Egypt and roam through the vivid arenas of South America fighting seemingly never-ending hordes of enemies using an extremely destructive arsenal including shotguns, heavy lasers, rocket launchers, a huge cannon and an iconic minigun.

Tired of playing alone? Go to war against Mental's horde with up to 4 players in local co-op, blasting your way through the campaign or the stand-alone survival mode. Finally, put your skills to the test against other players in classic multiplayer modes including Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag and more.

Serious Sam Collection includes all content from Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter, Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter and Serious Sam 3: BFE, including The Legend of the Beast and Jewel of the Nile expansions.

Kikorin

The Second Encounter has been my first ever online fps on a 56k connection, I rememeber when I bought it with a magazine and played it so much, literally the kind of shooter I love. Hope will be a good port with gyro and I'll probably buy it :messenger_heart:

Last edited:

CamHostage

Not a complete collection, it needs SS2 as well. And the indies would be nice too.

Whoa, yeah, huh? What's the deal with Serious Sam 2, then?

I just assumed this was a complete collection, but I forgot about the First and Second Encounter stuff. Serious Sam 2 doesn't seem stuck under a 2K Games deal (Steam sells it by way of Devolver,) and there is an Xbox build if something about the PC release had something proprietary or complicated to port (but also Serious Engine 2 is openly licenceable,) and I know of no lawsuit over voice actors or something like that which would hold it up (maybe the guy who voiced, "AAAAAARGH!!!" wanted resids?), I don't think this is some kind of disowned entry in the franchise (ala Postal 3,)... so I'm not sure why the middle sequel isn't in this pack? (Also, the original version of Serious Sam isn't in there, but that's been fridged for a while I believe?)

And I agree, the indies would be a nice gift in the collection. Too bad that didn't continue, I really like that idea of indies having access to licenses. (Square Enix tried that too, but aside from some Fear Effect projects not much has come from that version of the Square Enix Collective program.)

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

I'm surprised to see that this even exists! The SS community is an interesting one for sure. SS is a game that isn't for everyone, but the love for it is clearly acknowledged, and that's really cool.

Skifi28

I remember trying sr3 on ps3.... It looked like a ps2 game and was running well below 30fps for all the 20 minutes I could be bothered. I hope this is a better port.

VN1X

Banned
Still trying to erase SS2 from history it seems. Weird really as I finished it recently and it was perfectly fine, the first half being far more inventive and engaging than any other SS game, in all honestly (it overstays its welcome, as most of these do, but it still found it far more fun than some of the other titles).

Also this reeks of "SS4 tanked hard so hopefully this ensures a quick buck".

Top Bottom