• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Triple-i Initiative digital showcase announced for April 10 at 10 AM PT / 6 PM in the UK

New information via Gematsu:
The showcase will feature “major announcements and reveals” for over 30 games from the studios such as Evil Empire (Dead Cells), Mega Crit (Slay the Spire), Red Hook Studios (Darkest Dungeon), Heart Machine (Hyper Light Drifter), poncle (Vampire Survivors), and many more. It promises to be a “no-nonsense digital showcase featuring blockbuster indie titles, all streamed in under one hour to respect players’ and studios’ time.”

“We felt a need for a showcase that highlights wildly different indie games but that have one thing in common; they resonate with millions of players around the world,” said Evil Empire marketing director Berenger Dupre in a press release. “Since using letters seems to be the trend in the industry, we figured that adding a couple of i’s to indie was a fair way to describe this new format. Also, triple-i just sounds cool.”
Evil Empire chief operating officer Benjamin Laulan added, “The goal is to have a straight-to-the-point show packed with announcements as a collective of studios, to speak directly to players, the people who have been directly supporting us since day 1. The show will run for about 45 minutes, featuring news by the most successful and creative folks out there. No hosting segments, no advertisements, no sponsorships, no extra fluff, just games.”

Here is the full list of studios supporting The Triple-I Initiative:
  • A44
  • Assemble Entertainment
  • Awaceb
  • Blobfish
  • ColePowered Games
  • Digital Sun
  • Drop Bear Bytes
  • Evil Empire
  • Extremely OK Games
  • Fireshine Games
  • Focus Entertainment
  • Fumi Games
  • Gamera Games
  • Gearbox Software
  • Gearbox Publishing
  • Gentlymad Studios
  • Ghost Ship Publishing
  • Heart Machine
  • Hooded Horse
  • Humble Games
  • Ishtar Games
  • Kepler Interactive
  • Mega Crit
  • Northplay
  • Passtech Games
  • Pathea Games
  • PlaySide Studios
  • PlaySide Publishing
  • PM Studios
  • poncle
  • Quite OK Games
  • Realm Archive
  • Red Hook Studios
  • Re-Logic
  • Stunlock Studios
  • The Arcade Crew
  • The Gentlebros
  • Thorium
  • Thunder Lotus Games
  • tinyBuild
  • TRIBAND
  • Youthcat Studio

There's no information about the project (or collaboration) other than those associated with it and that there will be an announcement in about 15 days from now. It has a Twitter/X page, with a single tweet. Several indie studios seem to be associated with it, or at least promoting it. Here's some of the accounts promoting it:
There's probably some others since the website itself is showing more than just these games/studios.
aBjSPpT.png

Last edited:
Gematsu has more details on it:
The showcase will feature “major announcements and reveals” for over 30 games from the studios such as Evil Empire (Dead Cells), Mega Crit (Slay the Spire), Red Hook Studios (Darkest Dungeon), Heart Machine (Hyper Light Drifter), poncle (Vampire Survivors), and many more. It promises to be a “no-nonsense digital showcase featuring blockbuster indie titles, all streamed in under one hour to respect players’ and studios’ time.”

“We felt a need for a showcase that highlights wildly different indie games but that have one thing in common; they resonate with millions of players around the world,” said Evil Empire marketing director Berenger Dupre in a press release. “Since using letters seems to be the trend in the industry, we figured that adding a couple of i’s to indie was a fair way to describe this new format. Also, triple-i just sounds cool.”
Evil Empire chief operating officer Benjamin Laulan added, “The goal is to have a straight-to-the-point show packed with announcements as a collective of studios, to speak directly to players, the people who have been directly supporting us since day 1. The show will run for about 45 minutes, featuring news by the most successful and creative folks out there. No hosting segments, no advertisements, no sponsorships, no extra fluff, just games.”

Here is the full list of studios supporting The Triple-I Initiative:
  • A44
  • Assemble Entertainment
  • Awaceb
  • Blobfish
  • ColePowered Games
  • Digital Sun
  • Drop Bear Bytes
  • Evil Empire
  • Extremely OK Games
  • Fireshine Games
  • Focus Entertainment
  • Fumi Games
  • Gamera Games
  • Gearbox Software
  • Gearbox Publishing
  • Gentlymad Studios
  • Ghost Ship Publishing
  • Heart Machine
  • Hooded Horse
  • Humble Games
  • Ishtar Games
  • Kepler Interactive
  • Mega Crit
  • Northplay
  • Passtech Games
  • Pathea Games
  • PlaySide Studios
  • PlaySide Publishing
  • PM Studios
  • poncle
  • Quite OK Games
  • Realm Archive
  • Red Hook Studios
  • Re-Logic
  • Stunlock Studios
  • The Arcade Crew
  • The Gentlebros
  • Thorium
  • Thunder Lotus Games
  • tinyBuild
  • TRIBAND
  • Youthcat Studio

I've also requested a thread title change to reflect the new info.

Last edited:
Cool, definitely some excellent developers involved in this and I'm a lot more interested in what indie studios are doing than most AAA developers. I'll check it out for sure!

I did have a little laugh that there's a developer called 'Quite OK Games' and earlier today I was reading about the developer of Earthblade 'Extremely OK Games' -- they're in a competition to see who can release the most 'OK' game, I suppose.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Sounds like one of the better showcases of the year honestly.

Horrible name for the show though. Sounds like a wrestler. And if it's really the "triple I initiative" isn't that 4 I's? The IIII? What do the other 3 I's stand for? Why not call it I3, instead of E3?

Last edited:
What was the tweet before it got removed?
lmao they deleted the tweet fast. It was Insider Gaming reporting that the new Prince of Persia game that's being worked on by the Dead Cells developers will be revealed during this indie showcase on April 10th

This Prince of Persia game:

Last edited:
Oddly the show is moving at a slightly fast pace. Unless this is being broadcast on TV I'm not sure why that is, since this is their own youtube/twitch.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I can't watch it now so anyone posting just a brief comment of what is getting announced will get some really positive thoughts coming your way, courtesy of yours truly.

I can't watch it now so anyone posting just a brief comment of what is getting announced will get some really positive thoughts coming your way, courtesy of yours truly.
I've been taking notes of what's taken my interest so far, here's what I have:

Slay the Spire 2
Risk of Rain 2
Kill Knight
Shadows of Doubt
Gestalt Steam and Cinder
Contra/Castlevania in Vampire Survivors: Operation Guns
Undermine 2
What the Car
Darkest Dungeon 2
RKGK
Broken Roads
Ravenswatch
Cat Quest 3
Laysara Summit Kingdom
Wizard of Legend 2

So far it has been holding around an A- for me in ranking.

Antwix

Streets of Rogue 2 seems to be coming along nicely. Definitely looking forward to it.

Contra Vampire Survivors DLC looks nice and I'm probably gonna get addicted to Brotato again with the update.

rm082e

No Silksong. :messenger_crying:

But that was way more and better than I expected. Pretty cool show. I'll wind up with a few of those on my Steam Deck.

Alright, this was an A-

My Games of show:

• What The Car
  • Shadows of Doubt
  • Slay the Spire 2
  • 33 Immortals
  • Broken Roads
  • V Rising Castlevania Alucard Campaign
  • Prince of Persia: The Rogue

The rest of the great games I saw that interested me:

• Risk of Rain 2
  • Kill Knight
  • Gestalt Steam and Cinder
  • Contra/Castlevania in Vampire Survivors: Operation Guns
  • Undermine 2
  • Darkest Dungeon 2
  • RKGK
  • Ravenswatch
  • Cat Quest 3
  • Laysara Summit Kingdom
  • Wizard of Legend 2
  • Streets of Rogue 2
  • Palworld Arena DLC(like Pokemon Stadium)
  • Mouse

I know that some of these were already announced, but this time around they either added a release date or more gameplay to show.

My crticisms:

-Get rid of the tiny 5-10 second trailers or put them in a montage.
-Stop having a voiceover say the game's title at the beginning and then not show that game's title at the end of the trailer. The name of the title should almost always be shown at the end, even the big guys know that. I don't care if it's a placeholder title card, it needs to be shown.
-The pacing was a bit too fast and the viewer barely has a chance to absorb or react to what they just saw.

My suggestion to them would be:

Look at Nintendo Direct's pacing and copy that more. Always have a title card after a trailer for a few seconds like them, then move to the next trailer. It won't slow things down too much and people will have a chance to breathe.

It almost feels like indie devs and publishers are so used to be shoved into small incremental windows of time during AAA showcases, that they've accidentally kept that super fast pacing on their own showcase.

Otherwise, very great showing for a first time event.

Last edited:
Was there much talk about platforms? These indie showcases interest me but I usually don't bother watching since I don't play on PC and 80% of them come out to Steam either first or only. Typically just tune in for the Nintendo Indie one.

Was there much talk about platforms? These indie showcases interest me but I usually don't bother watching since I don't play on PC and 80% of them come out to Steam either first or only. Typically just tune in for the Nintendo Indie one.
There were some platform lists here and there on ending title cards, but not every one. To be fair though, this is specifically a showcase of the highest budget indies that have a very, very high percent chance of all being ported to most or all consoles.

Top Bottom