• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadow the Hedgehog screens

DMczaf

http://media.cube.ign.com/media/734/734824/imgs_1.html

shadow-the-hedgehog-20050729043519126.jpg
shadow-the-hedgehog-20050729043517407.jpg
shadow-the-hedgehog-20050729043513783.jpg
shadow-the-hedgehog-20050729043522125.jpg

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Sega is BACK baby!

Dreamcast is gonna roxx0r on 9/9/99!

PStooo? That's just Sony sayin' "me too!!" tryin' ta catch some o' what DREAMCAST is cooking!

Is sonic heroes even worth the new sale price because it is REALY cheap and I am thinking as a bit of fun it would be a deal, some say it was realy nice others want to burn it.

The e3 sonic vid makes me want some more sonic bad, sonic rush is looking good, shadow just confuses me.

Ironclad

TheTurtleTitan said:
Is it just me or am I getting a Halo vibe from these screens?
I take it you're getting this vibe from the third screen. I can see where you're coming from, but it's not much of a vibe.

123rl

poppin fresh said:
Is sonic heroes even worth the new sale price because it is REALY cheap and I am thinking as a bit of fun it would be a deal, some say it was realy nice others want to burn it.

The e3 sonic vid makes me want some more sonic bad, sonic rush is looking good, shadow just confuses me.

Hell no! The game is awful...seriously, it's just pure and utter shit. Do not invest ANY time or money into this game

Luckett_X

Banned
I think what I found the most amusing, was in a recent Nintendo Power preview of it, Iizuka said the game was using a new graphical system as they'd been using the same one since the first Sonic Adventure (which is bullshit), and that if this sells well they'll give Shadow his own franchise.

If there was a way of stopping this game from shipping, I would gladly subscribe to it.

wipeout364

I thought Sonic Heroes was the best Sonic of the 3D ones, but then again that's not saying much. I hope Sonic team can pull it together for PSU.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I'm kinda interested. I really enjoyed Heroes (for the most part). The gun thing still sounds incredibly stupid, but if they can provide plenty of high-speed levels with fun desing, I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

echoshifting said:

"People liked Ratchet and Clank!"
What exactly is that supposed to mean? I'm not a fan of R&C, but surely you aren't attempting to draw a comparison between these visuals and R&C...

Lo-Volt

Whatever, I'll stick to Sonic Adventure. There's not necessarily anything new or compelling enough with some hedgehog holding a gun. Hopefully their next-gen Sonic offering will be interesting.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Whatever, I'll stick to Sonic Adventure
Ha ha, I never did understand comments like this.

I mean, I could say the same thing, but I've played Sonic Adventure to death and recovered all of the emblems and everything. Why would I stick to a game that I've already completely conquered? I mean, I could still ignore this game, but to say I'll stick to an old game that it already played out makes no sense. At least to me. :)

Lo-Volt

dark10x said:
Ha ha, I never did understand comments like this.

I mean, I could say the same thing, but I've played Sonic Adventure to death and recovered all of the emblems and everything. Why would I stick to a game that I've already completely conquered? I mean, I could still ignore this game, but to say I'll stick to an old game that it already played out makes no sense. At least to me. :)

Once in a while, I play my "older" games for the purposes of nostalgia. And I haven't played Sonic Adventure in several years, after my first Dreamcast died. When I found a replacement, I found that the SA file was corrupted. So I've been playing it over. Same thing with Jet Grind Radio. If it's amazingly good or important to me, I'll eventually come back to it.

Lazy8s

The ghost of Dreamcast past
Sonic Adventure 2 was using a modified Sonic Adventure engine according to its programmers. The Renderware Sonics may not be using the same engine as each other.

Ryoh

Have you seen the others screens and read the location test ??Don't expect an impressive game more than the other Sonic.

dark10x said:
What exactly is that supposed to mean? I'm not a fan of R&C, but surely you aren't attempting to draw a comparison between these visuals and R&C...

Just that the game looks like a response to the success of the R&C games, and a poor one at that. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Newbie said:
bg79.jpg

Why does this look better?

Maybe because Sonic Team actually cared then?

For all that SA2 had flaws, and the alternate gameplay levels may not have worked out perfectly, I feel they really were trying, within their limitations of being able to grasp 3D game design.

But Sonic Heroes and now this Shadow crud - it all feels like nothing more than what used to be Sonic Team throwing out "Sonic Product" to appease some brass at Sega who think they just have to pour out something with Sonic stamped on it.

Say what you want about Nintendo whoring Mario out - they pay some attention to quality more often than not. They really do.

As usual, the bad side of Sega trying to ape what others do but not grasping the substance.

Rlan

Newbie said:
bg79.jpg

Why does this look better?

Because thats a shit DC IGN output. Shadows are direct rips from the hardware in a large resolution, but resized.

screen06.jpg

the 3D Sonic series was well known for it's fantastic textures, Very crisp and colourful. Shadows got nothing but black, and blurry, muddy brown and purples.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
The Abominable Snowman said:
what are the chances of it being good?

About the same as Mario 128 coming out before 2008. (in other words, ZERO chance)

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Now I'm just waiting for clips that have Shadow saying 'Fo shizzle ma nizzle!'

GhaleonEB

Would have been a sub-average Dreamcast game. Heck, maybe that's what this is, a DC project that got canned when the system was pulled and is now being resurected because Sega can't think of anything else to do.

Tarazet

I had this on pre-order at one point. :/ I wanted to believe, but the pre-release impressions have been unanimously negative. I'll still rent it...

Top Bottom