• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shawn Ashmore (Quantum Break) confirmed in Alan Wake 2

Draugoth

Gold Member
Alan Wake 2 continues to be a talking point amongst gamers, with many excited about the sequel’s release this year. Those fans are about to start buzzing, as Quantum Break star Shawn Ashmore is appearing in the sequel.

Unfortunately, Ashmore will not be reprising his role as Jack Joyce from Quantum Break. Despite also being developed by Remedy, Microsoft owns the rights to the game and is not part of the connected universe.

Currently, Alan Wake 2 only shares the same universe as Control, another acclaimed title from Remedy. This was actually confirmed when DLC for Control explicitly had connections to Alan Wake, though we doubt Jesse Faden will make an appearance in the sequel.

I_D

They better be fucking around and are actually connecting QB. Otherwise this is a terrible troll. Remedy continues to be questionable.

I agree. This is either trolling, which is basically just free-advertising; or it's setting up for an ARG or something, which is basically just free-advertising.

They better be fucking around and are actually connecting QB. Otherwise this is a terrible troll. Remedy continues to be questionable.
It could just be Remedy working with the same people, they've done it in the past.
Max Payne's actor has been in Max Payne, Control, Alan Wake.
Jesse Faden's actress has been in Quantum Break and Control.
Jesse's brother has also been in Quantum Break and Control.
Alan Wake's actor has been in Alan Wake and Control.

And I'm sure there are more actors I can't remember.

Besides, they've just confirmed QB is not part of their universe. Most likely because they don't own the rights, same with Max Payne

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I like Shawn, shame his little kitty had mutation..

fatmarco

I do not mind Quantum Break sharing the Alan Wake universe, I do mind Max Payne though, as its not supernatural or Sci fi in the slightest.

Leave Max Payne out of it.

CGNoire

It could just be Remedy working with the same people, they've done it in the past.
Max Payne's actor has been in Max Payne, Control, Alan Wake.
Jesse Faden's actress has been in Quantum Break and Control.
Jesse's brother has also been in Quantum Break and Control.
Alan Wake's actor has been in Alan Wake and Control.

And I'm sure there are more actors I can't remember.

Besides, they've just confirmed QB is not part of their universe. Most likely because they don't own the rights, same with Max Payne
Weird...not even the Max Payne Remakes??

Top Bottom