• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shining Resonance |OT| - Refrain

RPGCrazied

logo.png

In an ancient continent, a land of God known as “Alfheim” exists. A long time has passed since the dragons who were once powerful in this world perished. Its souls were crystallized and scattered about the world. However, a dragon survived. And its name is “Kouryuu Ilburn.” Seeking the power of the lost dragon, the Imperial Army and Church powers, and now a “Dragon Slayer” who intends to harm the dragon, have begun to stir.

Characters:

latest

• Yuma Ilburn - The game's main protagonist. The surviving dragon whose existence affected the way the world came about. Because of his power, he is often targeted by a variety of people.[1]
latest

• Sonia Blanche - The "lightning princess" of the kingdom of Astoria. She is leading the people in a fight for the country’s revival. She is high-spirited and always strong for the protagonist.[1]

• Kirika Towa Alma - An elf who inherits the song of magic to manipulate the spirit power of mother nature. She is a better healer than a fighter. While she is not good at communicating with humans, she is a generally kind person.[2]
latest

• Agnam Bulletheart - A red-haired young man who’s something of an older brother to the protagonist. Agnam is like his element; fiery.[2]

• Rinna Mayfield - An elven witch who specializes in wind magic and uses the Dragon Spine Tran Rod, a wind instrument, to do her business, she’s a Dragoner sent from the elven country of Wellant to help Astoria after it finds its island of Alfheim, a former dragon stronghold, besieged by the Lombardia Empire.

• Lesty Sera Alma - He is Kirika’s older brother, as well as a knight who commands a group of elven troops. When working as a party member, he has a cool head about him, but he can also become an obsessive big brother type when it comes to his younger sister.

• Marion Lu Shila - An enemy at first, Marion is a young woman who is a member of Beowulf, a special squad of knights under the control of the Church of the Seal. He sports a Demonic Dragon Eye and has two distinctive personalities that argues with each other.
------------------------------------------------

Just a quick OT. I'm not good at it, and I couldn't find images for the other characters.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I've played for just under a hour, so far the characters don't shut up and let you actually do anything it's not a good start.

John Day

What systems is this game coming out for? What kind of gameplay is there?

Real questions, first i’ve heard of it. Thanks OP!

RPGCrazied

OP are you currently playing it? I'll be curious to hear some impressions (other than reviews).

I am. Only an hour in. Seems good so far. The music is great, the combat is Tales like. Not many cutscenes so far, story mostly told in portraits. But at least 3D ones, they show emotions and stuff. The voice acting is surprisingly good. We'll see if it keeps up.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I am. Only an hour in. Seems good so far. The music is great, the combat is Tales like. Not many cutscenes so far, story mostly told in portraits. But at least 3D ones, they show emotions and stuff. The voice acting is surprisingly good. We'll see if it keeps up.
You've played as much as me and I'd say 80% of that hour is looking at those portraits, game needs to pick up. And Sonia's voice actor sucks imo.
She suppose to be a military leader of such, yet sounds like a telly tubby , Yuma is meh too, rest are ok so far.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I've played for just under a hour, so far the characters don't shut up and let you actually do anything it's not a good start.
I played the demo a week ago and cancelled my preorder because of it. Sad because I really liked the art. :/

JORMBO

Darkness no more
If Octopath wasn’t coming out this week I would grab this. I’ll probably pick this up next if impressions are good.

RPGCrazied

Couple hours in. Yeah, this isn't going to win any awards, but still a fun jRPG to pass the time for better games coming out. It could be a lot worse. I laughed though at how under leveled I was for the first boss that wrecked me. Anyone know where I can pick up some quests or am I not far enough?

I'd probably give the game a 7 too with what I played so far. The weather changing is kinda neat too.

Last edited:

Arkage

Banned
I'm wondering, do any of you who are buying this have any nostalgia for the old Shining Force games? Or do you not know about them, and are just interested in this type of game?

Top Bottom