• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Should I buy a PS2 for GT3/4 w/ wheel?

miyuru

I'm really into racing games, though surprisingly all I own is a 'Cube (lol). I was thinking I could maybe find a used PS2 for cheap, and then get GT3 with it or used as well, and then buy the old Logitech wheel (the 900 degree one is a little too expensive I figure...).

Now, I like racing games, and when GT4 hits, I'm sure I'll love it too...

But you can only use this wheel on PS2 right? So I'd feel a little jipped right there :-\

Anyway, do you guys think it'd be worth all the hassle/money?

Zaptruder

Banned
It's probably the closest (along with the GT4 wheel) that anyone in the world will get to accessing some of the most accurate representations of the best cars in the world on some of the best tracks in the world for under US$1000, 10,000 or even 1 million.

So even if you buy a PS2 for only GT4 and the pro force wheel... it's not a bad investment!

miyuru

Haha I hate when I waste money...but I just put in another cheque into the bank :p

Yeah I think I'll search online for used PS2s if I can do that, if anyone wants to help me find supercheap PS2s and Logitech wheels + pedals (I'm in Edmonton, AB) that'd be cool.

lol, *SIGH* one post and I'm convinced.

BTW when is GT4 slated for release in America? And what can you do online in it?

Gek54

Driving Force Pro wheel goes for $116 shipped online and its well worth it. For GT4 it is a must if you are any kind of driving enthusiast. You can use the wheel on the PC as well.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
GT4 = November

And yes, it is probably the most realistic representation of a racing game.
Its the only racing game my father will not put down.. actually pretty much the only game he plays. Hehe

I'm buying him the new wheel made for GT this fall with the game for Christmas.

Top Bottom